Chapter 25, The Last Dream Of My Soul

Euphoria, a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness. Euphoria, water droplets against the window. Euphoria, landing the dream job. Euphoria, Min Yoongi.

"So Y/N, how have you been feeling?" Dr. Chong relaxed in her seat, preparing for the one hour session by settling her notepad in her lap.

"Euphoric" you answered honestly, watching the April rain droplets hit against the familiar window.

"Euphoric? Well that's good then, what's made you feel this way? I know your mood has improved very well over the last few months, but euphoric?"

"I'm happy, completely happy" that was the truth, every single word of it you thought as memories of the last few months came over you. Baby steps Yoongi had decided to call them. December, was the first outing from the house without any sort of anxiety getting in the way. The world's greatest accomplishment Yoongi had called it when he treated you to some ice cream for the small victory of the evening. January, was the moment you'd told Yoongi you could make it to your appointment with Dr. Chong on your own. February, was the moment Yoongi was able to touch and hold you again without any demons surfacing. March, was when you decided you were ready to return to work.

"Things are going incredibly well, the night mares I haven't had one in three months now. Going to sleep no longer terrifies me, rather my dreams are pleasant and filled with only happy things. Work has been good, I'm happy to be back and feeling busy."

"And ... Yoongi?" Dr. Chong asked, taking small notes as she listened intently.

Min Yoongi, a smile forming on the same lips he'd kissed softly this morning in your shared bed as he showed you how much he loved you.

Min Yoongi, the sun, the moon and all the stars. Your best friend in all these difficulties, never leaving your side and never giving up even when you wanted to hundreds of times.

"The last dream of my soul" he'd whispered to you in the dark of the night one evening after making love and holding you close until the sun rose.

"Amazing as always."

_____________________________________

"Taehyung I swear to God if you and Hoseok don't cut your shit" Yoongi raises his voice at the two younger boys. They were inside the living room of your shared apartment, Yoongi having just finished setting up the bedroom. He'd walked into the living room to find the two boys throwing the petals at each other rather than arranging them as Yoongi had instructed.

"S-sorry" the two said in unison, grabbing the bucket of petals Yoongi had given them, beginning to trail them properly as Yoongi had requested. The bedroom was complete, Yoongi had arranged it himself dusting the entire bedroom in red rose petals, a bucket with a bottle of champagne and two flutes. He'd been planning this for weeks now, okay well he'd been planning it since the moment he realized he loved you two years ago. Everything had to be perfect, he only gets one chance to do this.

"All set Yoongi" Jungkook announced as he emerged out of the bedroom.

"Ya? Let me take a look" Yoongi walked down the hallway, various pictures of the both of you together, him on stage and the other members hanging on the walls. Last year Jungkook had snapped a picture of you and Yoongi, you both hadn't been aware the younger was pointing a lens at you but the photo was Yoongi's favourite of the two of you. Yoongi had been sitting back in his seat at the restaurant where they were, Yoongi remembers from the photo that you'd been laughing at something Hoseok had said, Yoongi's gaze completely fixed on you a big smile on his face.