Chapter 2

Thank you for reading! I had a lovely response to my first chapter so here's to liking the rest! Thanks for reading. Enjoy x

Once the food had arrived, all initial awkwardness was overcome and the atmosphere suddenly livened up. Cel mainly played the role of the middle man - telling Nathan about how I have a small studio in here in London and that I write music, while I chewed agitatedly on my lip, wondering what Nathan would think of me having ditched school to live off an unnsuccessful dream. Nathan turned to me and arched his perfect eyebrows wearing a smile I couldn't quite understand. 

“At 16? Well, I’m impressed.” he grinned at me, while my insides twisted delightedly. 

Cel then moved on to explain to me about how successful The Wanted were becoming, what with having just performed their latest single Lose My Mind on the X Factor. I laughed and interrupted him, half way through Ceallach’s play by play description of their latest music video.

“You don’t need to tell me this!” I giggled, turning to face Nathan "I work for a boyband myself so I have been doing some snooping of the competition." I winked while he watched, clearly amused "Also being in music, I do spent most of my time catching up with all the people I wish I was as successful as. You guys are pretty good, I won't lie." 

“Wow, glad you think so!” Nathan flicked his fluffy fringe out of his sparkling eyes, a slight smile pulling on the corner of his mouth.  I nodded encouragingly. 

Nathan was the sort of person you wanted to compliment. The sort of person who wasn’t overly self confident, and you just wanted to say nice things to, to force a smile onto their lips, to make them laugh and feel good about themselves and know that it way you that made them feel that way. Besides, he had a nice smile, I won't deny it. His perfectly shaped lips parting slightly, his nose scrunching up adorably, the way he claps his hands when he laughs. It was enough to make me feel a little uncomfortable. What had Ceallach done to me? 

After a few seconds of just staring at him without realising what I was doing, Nathan’s smile began to slowly ebb away, his eyes widening. He appeared to be thinking, his thoughts rippling through his vibrant green eyes like ripples in water. Either that or he was just becoming more and more terrified of me - a genuine possibility. 

“Well,” Cel clapped his hands together and with a start our eyes snapped towards him. By this point the food had been eaten, Cel had polished off the remains of my plate before downing the rest of my Coke, snatching the glass from my hand. “The food is finished and you clearly don’t need to me here anymore!” I watched as Cel gathered up his things. Nathan eyed him curiously, raising one eyebrow inquisitorially. “Oh, I’m off to the lavatory.” Ceallach said, embarrassingly loudly by means of explanation. 

“And you need your hoodie and mobile with you in there…why exactly?” I prompted, Nathan glanced at me before he laughed. 

For the second time this evening, Ceallach’s eyes darted around, his mouth falling open wordlessly as he thought of what to day. Such an obvious liar. What on earth was he up to? 

“It’s that waiter.” Cel whispered: “I don’t care what you say, Morel, I’m not leaving anything valuable around him," Before scurrying of to the mens.

Immediately, we looked over to see this waiter that had gotten Cel so worried, only to see a perfectly respectable elderly gentleman in an official suit leaning against the bar, polishing a glass. 

“He’s crazy.” I whispered, turning away just in time to see Cel trip over the sleeve of his hoodie as he ran to the bathroom. 

“Definitely.”  I  turned back around in my seat, and noticed Nathan watching me, a slight smile on his face. He blushed when he realised I'd seen him. Hm, I could see myself getting along with Nathan.