Chapter Fourteen

***Evanna's POV***

“You want to go.” Nathan said as he approached me where I was hovering by the front door. After Charlie had once more claimed Sasha I had begun to feel extremely tired, I guess all the stress had taken it out of me. I tried to protest but instead I yawned massively, making Nathan laugh at me.

“No, no I’m fine.” I insisted, swaying on the spot slightly.

“You don’t look too sure about that.” Nathan chuckled, reaching out to steady me. “Do you want to leave?” I rubbed my eye and nodded gratefully at him.

“I’ll just go say bye to the boys and I’ll take you home, okay?” Nathan squeezed my hand, still smiling amusedly at my half asleep state.

“Thank you.” I mumbled, before shuffling off to round up my friends.

“Hey, Chaz.” I said, leaning against the bar he was hanging off, looking pretty exhausted.

“Hey there, Ev. Listen, this party was awesome and the Brain Freeze lads are pretty cool.” Charlie smiled, throwing a brotherly arm over my shoulder so I slumped against him “But I’m going to take off now – Briony was quite excited about meeting Jay but it’s made her dead on her feet now so I’m going to take her home – or rather to our sofa.” Charlie smirked and looked around for his sister.

“Well, she can lie in tomorrow.” I mumbled, imagining fondly the long lie in I was going to be having.

“Oh, no she can’t.” Charlie laughed “She has an early train back to Cheshire in the morning.” I smiled and groaned at his constant need to get rid of his sister. “Oh, there she is. I’m going to just call a cab and take her home right now. Tell Sasha I said bye. See you later.” He hugged me and kissed me on the cheek, me promising him that I would.

I watched him half drag an exhausted Briony away from Jay before I went looking for Ceallach.

“Cel?” I said in shock as I saw my friend slouched on the floor, I reached down and yanked him up before staggering as he put all my weight on me.

“I have a secret Briony.” He yelled at me as I tried and failed to set him on his own feet again.

“It’s Evanna, actually.” I grumbled “And what’s your secret?”

“I’m completely hammered.” He laughed in my face and the stench of alcohol almost bowled me over. I slapped my hands over my mouth and stepped backwards.

“Well, that’s a secret alright.” I said sarcastically. “Oh, Ceallach you’re a state!”

Nathan suddenly appeared by my side and helped prop Ceallach up.

“I’ve got this. I’ll see him to a taxi – you just go and get ready and I’ll call us a cab. Okay?” he offered, beginning to lead Ceallach away.

“Perfect thank you!” I called after him, laughing.

I ran around the club, bumping into all the boys of Brain Freeze and The Wanted and saying goodbye to each of them – all except for Tom. I began to get a little bit worried when I couldn’t find Sasha because I needed to tell her that Charlie and everyone had already left and she should just drive herself home.

I ran outside and glanced up and down the road, wondering if she had already gone. But then I spotted her light blue Ford Focus and I froze. She was stood pressed up against her car, her arms wrapped around the neck of none other than Tom Parker. As they continued to kiss I stumbled backwards and tried to get out of sight by crouching behind the corner. I felt my mouth fall open and shock etch itself into my face. My friend Sasha - intelligent, mature, sensitive, was cheating on my oldest friend. Charlie would be crushed.