Chapter Twelve

***Evanna’s POV***

“I have more food! Make room for it – no, not in your stomach Ceallach, on the table!” Briony laughed, pushing Ceallach away with one hand and placing another large bowl of food on the already heaving table with the other.

“Aw, don’t be like that Briony. I’m hungry!” Ceallach moaned, clutching at his stomach as though the lack of food was causing him actual physical pain.

“Guys, shut up!” Charlie pressed a finger to his lips and turned up the radio “I’m trying to hear it! Has it started yet?”

“No, it doesn’t start for like another half hour.” I laughed “So you can talk until then.”

It was a few weeks after Nathan had asked me to be his girlfriend and it had been a wonderful few weeks, possibly the best of my life. Nathan treated me so well – picking me up from work to take me on surprise dates, buying me presents when I was feeling down what with work and calling me every evening to say Goodnight and texting me every morning telling me to have a good day.

I had gotten past the horrendous Brit Awards and had received my pay check meaning that as for the moment, I didn’t have to worry about money. I had made no plans with any of the artists I had worked with, but after my somewhat foul encounter with some of them, I didn’t particularly resent that fact. And last week the boy band I had been working with – Brain freeze – released their debut single which I had written for them. Jenny their manager told me they didn’t expect it to enter high, but they were hoping for an appearance in the Top 40. And that was the radio show that me and my friends were currently waiting for. This was the first time I had ever written a song that was expected to reach anywhere inside the Official 100, so it was extremely exciting.

Charlie and Sasha were sitting together on one of the sofas whilst Ceallach leant against their legs, empty food bowls in his hands. Briony was sitting on the armchair, whilst Nathan and I shared the sofa opposite Sasha and Chaz. They were going to get married one day, we all knew it. Unless, we let Sasha too near Tom. She turned into a giggling mess around him and lately I had been declining her numerous officers of rides to Nathan’s.

“I am so excited!” Ceallach was bouncing up and down excitedly

“Okay, it’s time to switch to diet Coca Cola, Ceallach.” Sasha said, pulling a third empty can from an appalled Ceallach’s clutches, and setting it down on the table.

“God, you’re such a mum.” Ceallach moaned, switching to lean against Charlie’s legs instead of hers.

“I’m excited too, but it a more sane way.” Briony laughed, eyeing Ceallach meaningfully causing him to pout. “I’ve been checking it and Brain Freeze have been maintaining their top 10 position in the itunes chart all week.”

Everyone applauded and cheered me and I flushed, top 10 in some chart – that sounded promising. Even if I didn’t understand what on earth she was talking about.

“Itunes chart?” I scrunched up my face, realising that once again I had missed out on something important internet wise.

“She doesn’t know what itunes it, Briony.” Charlie muttered, smacking his sisters arms. She frowned at him.

“Well, I’m sorry!” she seethed before turning to me “How do you not know?” I shrugged.

“Is anyone going to actually tell me?!” I said frustratedly. Charlie instantly jumped up to explain, being the boss of all things IT. 

“Oh, that’s so good!” I shrieked, realising at last what this meant.

“Meh, it’s alright!”  Nathan laughed, patting my hand.