Chapter Thirty

Thank you, as always, for your lovliness! x) But I also need to apologise, firstly for the long time it has taken me to update and secondly, for what you are about to read:( 

The song on the side kind of suits this chapter and is similiar to how Ev feels, if you want to give it a listen:D 

Chapter 30

***Evanna’s POV***

It was a Monday morning. But I had the day off work as I’d worked all weekend. I hopped around as I yanked on my sweat trousers and a plain white top and pushing my curly hair out of my eyes. The flat was empty, which was a very strange experience. I had gotten used to it being filled with people bustling around. Charlie was at work. Sasha was back in Reading with her parents as it was the summer, Briony had escaped the confines of Chester and was in Spain with her mum as a holiday. Ceallach was busy filming for some TV piece he’d managed to land himself. So I was all alone.

I got a bowl of Weetabix and a pale of Earl Grey before collapsing in front of the TV. I watched the news to attempt to be vaguely intellectual for a while, before giving in and watching the music channels. Butterflies erupted in my stomach when Brain Freeze dancing around in their music video. I was now working with several acts, I got to choose my favourites, but Brain Freeze were my babies and were always my first priority.

Eventually, the beginning chords of Glad You Came sounded and 5 of my favourite people appeared on screen. Tweets to the boys appeared on a banner on the bottom of the screen. It made me stop eating and drinking and set down my bowl and cup. Twitter. I hadn’t thought about it in such a long time. Perhaps things would have cooled down, Nathan said they would.

So it was with slightly shaking hands that I pulled my laptop open and opened up twitter. I know what I had I had been expecting, or hoping, - for something to have changed. But as my eyes rolled down my mentions I realised I had been stupid.

***Nathan’s POV***

“Woah, Nath! You changed already?” Tom laughed, eyeing emerging from his room shirtless and bleary eyed.

“Yeah.” I took his teasing well, even with a smile. “I’m going to check in on Evanna.”

“Well, mind we’ve got a gig later so we’ll swing round pick you up soon.” He reminded me with a wink “So, make sure you’ve finished…’checking in’ by then.” 

“Yeah, yeah.” I ignored his joke and grabbed my keys heading outside to where the car was already waiting for me.

The car ride across London to the industrial area that Ev lived in, reminded me of my first ever visit at her house all those months ago. I’d been set up by Ceallach and was super nervous about getting to know her. I had faffed over my hair, adjusted my bracelets. It was funny how, although I knew I didn’t need to do that anymore, I found myself doing just that.

We stopped outside her flat and I thanked Big Kev before skipping down the steps. I was about to knock when I realised the door was open slightly. How many times had I told her to lock the door? The gentle sound of music flowed from the living room, and I grinned, expecting to see her eating cereal and humming along, tapping her foot. I pushed the door open and was greeted by something else.

“Evie?” I asked, my voice faltering painfully half way through the sentence. She was sitting on the couch her legs and arms folded protectively around her. She was looking at the ground, tendrils of auburn hair falling around her face, but her body was pointing in the direction of her laptop which was lying half open on the table. I saw the website that was open and irritation shot through me. “Evie, what are you looking at?”