Chapter 3

I silently padded down the hall towards my room. Carrying my boots in my hand to keep from clicking down the hall, I scurried past the front lounge. I screamed and fell backwards as a dark figure came out of the lounge right towards me. After my heart had stopped fibrillating and I had pulled myself to stand up straight, I recognised the figure as my room mate Charlie. He hit the deck and ran a hand through his floppy died red hair, hiding his brown roots. I punched him lightly in the arm. 

“It’s NOT funny! Nearly gave me a heart attack!” I whispered angrily, working furiously to keep a smile from appearing. 

“I beg to differ - It is quite funny, actually.” Charlie disagreed edging around me, pulling the lounge door shut, and walking over to his room directly opposite. “Briony has crashed on the couch. First thing tomorrow I’m sticking her on a train Cheshire bound!” 

I smiled at him “Aw, don’t be too rough on her!” I chastised playfully “Goodnight, sleep well.” I padded on down to my own room and shut the door, not bothering to switch the light on, I changed in the dark and dove under the covers, shivering slightly. 

As I lay in the darkness, in complete silence, besides the comforting sounds of Briony’s gentle snores. I felt the butterflies in my stomach fluttering gently around. I felt excited even as I lay in bed, completely unable to sleep, the events of the evening replaying in my head. I giggled in the darkness as I remembered… 

***flashback***

We had finished dessert, asking questions all during it to try and learn more about each other. We also tried to work out why exactly Ceallech had done a vanishing act on us earlier on. Not that I was complaining, I was rather enjoying Nathan’s company. When the bill came he insisted he was going to pay, saying that  his cups of tea probably constituted the bulk of the bill anyways. I had laughed and thanked him profusely. We stepped outside and I turned to him, suddenly very unsure of what to do. He seemed nervous as he opened his lips slightly, meeting my gaze. 

“Do you think…” Nathan said quietly, yet clearly, itching the back of his neck nervously “Could I possibly get your phone number? Just so we don’t lose contact.” Nathan blushed. A grin spread over my face delightedly as I realised what he had asked. 

“Of course you can!” I laughed, beaming at him. He relaxed, smiling back and pulled out his phone in one smooth action. I raised my eyebrows, impressed. 

“Smooth.” I commented. He glanced up and raised a dark eyebrow, attractively, before grinning and passing me his phone. I quickly keyed in my full name Evanna Morel along with both my home number and my mobile number and passed it back to it. He checked it and smiled. Realising the time I gasped. 

“Ah, the last train leaves a few minutes, I need to head.” I apologised, grimacing inwardly. 

“It’s cool, I should be on my way as well. I had fun tonight…even with Cel trying to set us up.” Nathan laughed, shoving one hand in his trouser pocket. 

“That’s what he was doing?” I asked. It had never occurred to me, that innocent, sheepish, babbling Cel would try to do that. I guess he was more cunning that I had thought. Even if he had managed to spectacularly face plant in the process.

“Yup!” Nathan popped his lips and tilted the screen of his blackberry towards me. 

From Ceallach: So…have fun?;) 

“The winky face says it all.” I agreed. I wanted to hug him or touch his arm or something to show him that the night had meant alot to me. It's not everyday I find someone who is willing to spend time with me. But I didn't think I knew him quite well enough yet and I left it. I gave him a little smile and began to walk to the nearest station.