Chapter 2

Taehyung's P.O.V.

"Alright. Tae! Truth or dare?" Hoseok was grinning evilly when he asked because he knew I was going for a dare.

"Dare!" But I'm as confident as ever because there is nothing that they have dared me to do before and I was unable to do. This time will not be any different.

Before Hoseok could say something Soojung said something in his ear which made him.. nervous(?) That's okay. Hoseok panics even over very small things so I do not really mind.

"I don't think..." Before Hoseok could complete his sentence Soojung cut him off.

"I have a dare for you. Go out in the park. Take a sip of a drink from someone's cup and spit it back in looking right in their eyes and walk back like nothing happened."

Now that I heard the dare that had Hoseok nervous, I feel a little nervous too. I mean after all it's not like we are some rich spoiled kids at some frat party getting wasted and playing senseless games without thinking at all. No, not at all. We are, on the contrary, an average group of friends at an average house - my house, playing a average game of truth and dare, giving each other average dares. So, obviously we think about the people around us before we pull off our dare. We still have to live here after the game ends so we cannot do anything too stupid that could put us in trouble. Not to mention that the complain of our actions can go to our parents and that is never a good idea.

"I..I um, heh" I rubbed the back of my neck and laughed sheepishly. I was not going to back out or anything. I was just trying to drag it long enough until someone would change the dare. But that did not seem to be the case as all eyes were on me, even Hoseok's nervous ones.

He is my best friend after all and knows me better than the others. Of course he is worried because I would never do that to anyone even by accident. I am too much of a sweet heart, not that I need show it, but it still is the truth. So doing such an act is really a big deal for me. But those other idiots can never understand it and that is exactly why they are not my friends. I can go on thinking about that all night long but right now I have another problem at hand that needs my attention.

"Chicken!"

"Coward!"

"Come on, dude! Man up!"

"Are you scared?"

They all were just trying to push me over the line. I'm not stupid to not comprehend that. But I cannot back out either. My pride is also very important to me. But an idea popped up in my head suddenly.

"FINE! God! Calm down. I am going."

It's a park. People do not hold cups or glasses of drink in parks. If anything they would be holding cans or bottles or juice box at most. On top of that its a children's park. Kids never have anything like that. Ever. So I will just go out with Soojung, show her that there is no one there holding a glass or a cup (she did mention a cup so, a cup it is) and come back inside safe and sound. Brilliant! I give myself a mental pat and walk out with Soojung following just behind.

We cross the road and stand on the footpath just outside of the fence of the park. We looked around long enough but there was no such target in sight making me feel very happy. Soojung could not find anyone matching that description either so she was frowning.

"This is such a waste. I really wanted to see you do it."

"Too bad." My tone was obviously betraying my words but I could not help it. I was just really happy. But just when I was about to turn and head home I spotted a black hooded guy holding a very big cup. Too big to go unnoticed. My bad luck was really on the roll because even though I turned back really quickly to block Soojung's view, she had already seen him and a smirk was playing on her devious face.

"Taehyung-ssi~ Target found~" Her sing song comment did not make it any better for me.

"Okay. You stay here. After I'm done I will head back home directly. You can come later. I do not want it to look like you are in on this with me." With that I turn around, take a deep breath and start walking as she says a quick "Okay".

/Keep it cool. Keep it cool. Keep it cool/

I keep repeating the mantra in my head as I slowly walk over to him. He has his earphones plugged in and looks way too much involved in his phone. A small smile creeps on his face once in a while but fades out quickly.

/Is he..looking at the mature things? No! Shut up! Focus/

I mentally slap myself for observing him instead of focussing on task on hand.

/Damn it. He's one of the quiet ones. He is well built. And is keeping to himself. And has earphones on. And he's not minding his surroundings. I'm dead. I'm so dead. He is going to hold me by my neck and smash my head in the ground if I do this/

By the time I'm 5 meters away I am down right panicking- on the inside of course. I really want to call it off right now, but I know that evil woman is still standing there, enjoying it like that Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif while I'm about to die here.

I say my prayers and mentally apologize to every person I have ever met in my life and forgive everyone for any and everything they ever did to hurt me. When I have reached close enough to be in his visual boundary I stay still to count to 3. I happen to glance down on his phone and.. wait! Is he.. You are kidding me! Are those.. memes? MEMES for God's sake!

It took me about 5 more seconds to realize that I have been standing here for too long and I definitely look like an idiot right now. Fortunately, or more like strangely, he has not acknowledged my presence yet which could either be a good or a bad thing. But without thinking about it further I just take a breath and reach for his cup.

/He just had to take a sip right at that moment./

When he put his hand back down on the fence he was leaning on I went in for the kill. I got his cup out of his hand, took a big sip from it, spit it back in looking him expressionlessly, turned around and walked away like that did not just happen. All in one simple and smooth go. I could not dare to look at him from the moment I went gave him back cup and I am not going to look back either until I reach my door. Which is something I'm really praying for to happen right now because I may look calm on the outside but I'm about to shit myself.  I want to run like a horse, I really do. Who knows when he will grab a hold of my neck and smash me in the ground like my oh-so-kind conscience had pictured for me just a little while ago.

Fortunately, I reach home safely, which in itself has me amazed, and I let out the breath that I do not know when I held in. When I turn to look at his spot, he is no where to be found. I panic again and start looking around frantically for any sign of a mad, muscular guy in black hoodie charging towards me with fumes coming out of his nostrils. The thought was funny enough to make me laughed at what I had pictured but I'm not in a position to laugh right now. After not finding him at all I let out another relieved sigh and turn around to go inside.

I compose myself before walking up to boast about my success which was mentioned again by Soojung when she came in about 5 minutes later. She was far from me at both critical moments so she did not see me panicking at all for which I'm eternally grateful because if, God forbid, she had she would not let it die even after my death.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~