Chapter 57

"Jimin?" Jimin lifted his head up from his phone at Taehyung but his eyes were still fixed on the screen.

"Hmm?"

"You called me in here an hour ago but you have been on the phone ever since. What the hell did you call me for, then?" Taehyung gritted out each word with annoyance at Jimin's behaviour. Jimin hadn't said one word to him in the past hour except for answering his same question with small words time and again. He was busy with his phone ever since he had called Taehyung in here meanwhile Taehyung just moved around in the room, checked his social media, took a shower and came back to sit with Jimin in all that time. But whenever he tried to leave, Jimin would spring back to life and stop him.

"Mm, yeah. Well, I had to." That has been the twelfth time he had said that.

"The fuck is that supposed to mean? You have been saying the same thing. Every. Single. Time." Now Taehyung was pretty angry since Jimin had locked them both inside without telling him anything.

"Can't say more than that. Sorry." Jimin's eyes never left the phone as he mindlessly answered him. Taehyung wondered what Jimin was so into that he couldn't even look at him while he talked.

"*sigh* Now even Sungjae would be busy." Taehyung's face dropped as his tone saddened. He gave Sungjae his number but didn't get his. Now he had to wait until the other contacted him first, to get it.

"That mother-" Before Jimin could complete the praise, he stopped himself when Taehyung's eyes flicked towards him.

"What?" Taehyung narrowed his eyes at the suspicious act of Jimin but the other shrugged it, nonchalantly.

"Nothing." After a pause, Jimin added trying to sound as casual as he could. "By the way, why do you hang out with Sungjae, so much?"

Taehyung eyed the boy in front of him at the strange question that he didn't expect.
"What do you mean 'so much'? It was only yesterday and that, too, was because he gave me a tour and- Wait, why are you asking, again?"
Taehyung looked at Jimin suspiciously, again.

"Just because." But Jimin repeated his previous gesture of shrug, again.

"Jimin?" Taehyung lowered his voice to overwhelm Jimin and for a moment he thought it worked but Jimin recovered quickly as he replied.

"What? Can't I even ask that? I was just wondering if I could hang out with him, too?" That was the dumbest lie he could have come up with and even Taehyung wished he had done a better job at it as he face palmed.

"Who do you think you are fooling?" Jimin didn't even blink at the question as he stared back at his phone.

"Fine. Fine. Keep your precious boyfriend to yourself." Jimin blurted out without thinking as his irritation grew with each word Taehyung said as if he was defending Sungjae from Jimin.

"He's not- He's not my boyfriend." Taehyung flushed deep red at the sudden outburst of Jimin but looked away to hide it as he denied the accusation, like a reflex.

Jimin glanced at him before he mumbled, quietly.
"He looks like it."

"Well he's NOT." Taehyung was louder than before as he denied it the second time and he looked angrier than before, if his reddening ears were any indication.
"He can't be." Taehyung mumbled the last part but Jimin heard him, alright.

"Oohh. Why's that?" Almost in an instant, Jimin threw his phone aside as he crawled closer to Taehyung earning a weird look from the latter at his actions.

"And I should tell you, because?" Taehyung backed away slowly not trusting Jimin's intentions at all. But Jimin only gave him deadpan look at the ridiculous question.