Chapter 49

After a moment of silence Jungkook got up quietly and picked his shirt from the floor to put in on.

"Do you, um, remember.. anything?" Taehyung asked after the longest moment of pause and Jungkook looked back at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"You know, from.. last night? Do you remember what happened?" Taehyung spoke again looking aside.

Jungkook tried to recall what happened after they got to the bar. He could remember Sungjae called them and the thought made his anger freshen up again. He still didn't know why. Putting that thought aside he could remember sitting there with Taehyung and then he drank water and then- He couldn't remember what happened after that.

"The last thing I remember is drinking water and-"

I reeeeeeaaaaallllyyy like Kookie

Chocolate cookie?

Jungkook's breath hitched right there. That couldn't have possibly happened. It just couldn't. But then again, Taehyung did say they got drunk. Wait.
"You said we got drunk, didn't you?"

"Yeah." Taehyung was still looking aside unable to meet Jungkook's eyes as the moment from a while ago was still fresh in his mind even if Jungkook was willing to ignore it.

"How did that happen? We didn't order any drink. We actually denied the offer. I clearly remember saying 'we don't drink' to Sungjae." His name left bitter taste in Jungkook's mouth but he ignored it because he was worried now.

"Yeah, well that water.." Taehyung started slowly but he hadn't finished his sentence yet when Jungkook freaked out.

"It was spiked, wasn't it? We were drugged. Oh God!" Taehyung's eyes went wide and he couldn't help but stare at Jungkook. How did he even get to that conclusion?

"No no, that's not it. The thing is that water wasn't water." Taehyung explained hoping Jungkook would understand his words.

"Water wasn't water?" Jungkook repeated dumbly and tilted his head in confusion. Jungkook was so oblivious of how cute he looked right now that Taehyung had to hold himself back from hugging the life out of him.

"It was martini."

"What's martini?"

"It's a drink."

"Oh!... Ooohh! No wonder it tasted different!" Finally Jungkook got a hold of the situation and laughed but his laughter died when he remembered the words

I reeeeeeeeaaaalllllyyyy like Kookie.

If they were drunk then that meant Taehyung couldn't have been lying when he said that. And if it was the truth then- Taehyung liked Jungkook?

Taehyung liked Jungkook.

And~ Jungkook was hyperventilating.

Taehyung saw they boy having difficulty in breathing and rushed to his side rubbing his hand on the younger one's back in an attempt to soothe him. But his closeness only made Jungkook choke on his own spit since his bare torso wasn't really helpful in the situation. Taehyung stared freaking out as he couldn't understand how Jungkook suddenly got sick. He looked around in the room frantically looking for something- anything, that could be useful at the moment when suddenly Jungkook pushed him away so hard that he stumbled back and fell on the bed.

Jungkook dashed out of the room without any destination in mind. He had to get away. He had to run away. He had to run away from that place. He had to run away from Taehyung. He had to run away from his feelings for Taehyung. Jungkook shook his head at that thought and ran faster. Why was he running away? Why was he always running away?

/Because he makes me weak./

Weakness. Jungkook couldn't have any weakness. He loved to have control over his own life. He hated it whenever he lost that control. And Taehyung always made him lose it. He couldn't accept that. He couldn't accept the weakness. So he ran away. He ran away from Taehyung.

Jungkook reached the hill top they had visited yesterday and panted as he reached there. He walked over to the edge and sat down dangling his legs out of the railing. After a moment of catching his breath he laughed. Not a giggle or a scoff but a hearty laugh.

"I'm so emo!" He said between his laughs.

After laughing his heart out he stopped and sighed as he looked ahead.

JUNGKOOK'S P.O.V.

That was so stupid of me. Why did I do that? I just ran away like a little girl in love. That was pathetic. Taehyung must have been shocked.

I lay down on my back and stare up at the bright sky. There are no clouds but the air is still cool because of the breeze from the ocean. I take a deep breath and close my eyes.

Why can't I react normally? Any sudden revelation hits me like a truck even if it is pointless. But I can't be blamed for this time, can I? I mean come on, I did NOT expect that. But then again, what exactly happened last night? Maybe it's not what I'm thinking it is. I should try to remember the whole thing before coming up with ridiculous conclusions.

So, we went to the bar. And then we took a drink by mistake. Then we.. We were laughing.. And just being idiotic. I can't help but laugh at the memory because that's not something I do in public even if it's with Jimin. We were 'flying'.

After that..

Can I tell you a se'ret?

Tae is cute.

Who's Tae?

Mehehe.

Oh my God! I said that? I said that to Taehyung?

Can I tell a se'ret, too?

I reeeeeeaaaalllyyyy like Kookie.

Chocolate cookie?

No. He's just Kookie.

Then that means.. He actually likes me? I sit back up and look down at the bar below. I can't believe it. We actually did something that I have only seen happening in movies. We actually got drunk and confessed to each other- Wait. Confessed? Confessed what? I just called him cute nothing else. That's no confession. Is it?

I groan and hold my head. The pain is still there and the more I try to pressurize my mind the more it hurts. But I still can't get over this feeling. Was he really talking about me or was he talking about cookies? I mean he was drunk so it could be a possibility. Why did I have to have such a confusing nick name? Now I can't know without asking him and that's not happening any time soon. Actually, that's never gonna happen.

Why did I run away, again? Oh yeah, to think. Yup, definitely that's why. Not because I was shocked at the sudden realization of Taehyung liking me. Not because I have same feelings for him. May be. May be not. Or do I? How can I know if do or not? Again, I'll have to ask someone but I'm not gonna do that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~