Chapter 32

Taehyung and Hoseok kept their heads down and their mouths busy with food, since they are unable to meet the eyes of the woman who had them scared out of their wits only last night. The way Mrs. Jeon was talking and laughing so much now, only creeped the two of them even more. She seemed like she either had a split personality or was possessed by Jungkook's late grandparents, maybe, who came out last night since their precious Jungkook was hurt.

Both possibilities were scary enough to keep the two most noisy and obnoxious boys quiet for a whole hour, straight. They were not just quite but also lost in their own world for their own sake, so when Taehyung heard his name he came out of his trance with a jerk as he looked around to see who called him.

".. and when Taehyung was trying to skip out, I caught him almost instantly, since I didn't really plan on letting them off. They deserved it, you know."

Jin was smiling at Mrs. Jeon apologetically who returned the gesture with much warmth and understanding. Jungkook and Jimin, however, were having the time of their life as it could be seen by their efforts of trying to breathe while laughing their heads off.

Taehyung looked at all of them one by one, still unable to grasp what was so funny. He found Hoseok a better option among the rest at the table, to ask about it.

"Yah, hobi! What are they laughing at?"

He whispered loud enough for only Hoseok to hear. But it seemed like his only hope had yet to focus on his surroundings since his reply was not something Taehyung was looking for.

"Huh?"

Hoseok looked around with wide, blinking eyes, them landing on Jin who turned just in time to give Hoseok a devilish smirk. Before Hoseok could mouth his one word question, Jin spoke up.

"Hoseok was smart enough to quietly endure his part so he didn't have to face extra punishment."

Of course. Jin was telling the entire family about how he took revenge on his little brother and his friend for their mistake. Why wouldn't he? After embarrassing them a little while ago on the road, he needed to put the cherry on top of it, didn't he?

Hoseok leaned in towards Taehyung even though he thought that the latter might already know.

"He's roasting us." Taehyung only nodded and went back to staring at his plate. He didn't forget to kick Jin under the table and even if the elder ignored it, Taehyung was sure it would leave a bruise, so he was content.

*Ding Dong*

"Oh! I think Jungkook's father is here." With that Mrs. Jeon left the boys at the table and went to answer the door. And sure enough, it was Mr. Jeon. He was looking exceptionally happy today which, Jungkook and Jimin were quick to guess, was because the couple was finally getting their long desired 'vacations'.

Mr. Jeon greeted everyone and went in for a change followed by Mrs. Jeon who came back before he did. She went straight to kitchen and fixed up another plate for the new member who would be joining them soon.

Meanwhile, Jin tried to keep the atmosphere lively with his jokes but was almost always cut off by either Hoseok or Taehyung, since both of them had heard Jin's jokes almost twenty times before and could complete them even if they were just given the first word.

Jimin, however, found Jin's preference of humor extremely entertaining and he humored him with his reactions every time despite the attempts made to sabotage them. But, that was enough for Jin. Even if only one person from his audience enjoyed his jokes, he was more than content. But if no one did, he would laugh himself and be both, the entertainer and the audience. He was a complete package for a one man show.