Chapter 10

"Great! By the way, you have not even shown his picture to me, yet." Jungkook tried to pout at Jimin for forgetting it.

"Oh? Jungkookie, you want to meet someone? Are you serious?" Jimin looked surprised. "One day! That was all it took to flip you inside out." Wow, Unbelievable!"

Jungkook rolled his eyes at his reaction before clarifying himself.

"I said you have not shown him to me yet, Jiminie. Showwwwwn." Jungkook dragged it out, mocking Jimin for his lack of attention.

"Ah, whatever. You can drop me off at the cafe where he is supposed to pick me up. That way you can meet him and then shoo way." Jimin gestured his statement with his hand at which Jungkook immediately grabbed and twisted it behind the Jimin's back. Jimin yelped at the attack and tried to get his hand free but Jungkook kept his strong hold.

"So that is how it is, huh? A few weeks? That was all it took for that 'Yoongi' to make you forget about me? Do you even know how valuable my friendship is, Park Jimin?" Jungkook said with utmost seriousness and a heavy tone. The effort that was being made to keep the laughter in was hidden from Jimin. Even so, Jimin could hear the small giggles that were escaping.

"Everything is fair in love and war, Jeon Jungkook. I did nothing wrong. He is the love of my life. I can give up anything for him. Even your friendship." Jimin played along.

"Dun dun duuuunnnnn"
Jungkook added some sound effects for the feels.

"Now, remove your hand at once before I have to cut them off." Jimin demanded.

"You will regret it. I will make sure you do. I will make you pay for defying me. JIMIN-SSI! YOU ARE A DEAD MAN!" And with the loud battle cry Jungkook pulled himself back a little to attack Jimin again, but Jimin took the chance to push him. Jungkook still had not let go of Jimin's hand which caused them both to fall down, limbs tangled as they rolled and laughed whole heartily.

After they stopped Jimin sat up first and held his hand for Jungkook who grabbed it and was pulled up. Silence fell upon them, a comfortable silence.

Jungkook sighed as he titled his head backward to look up at ceiling.

"I will be fine." Jungkook reassured.

He knew that Jimin always worried about him whenever he had to leave Jungkook alone. Even though Jungkook always said he would be fine, he was not always so and that worried Jimin even more.

"I know." The same response.

"I mean it this time."

Jimin turned to look at Jungkook's face for confirmation of the words he heard.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Besides, I have those guys now. Remember?" Jungkook smiled at Jimin as he remembered how his day was.

"Heh! I guess."

"It was amazing." Jungkook confessed after a few silent moments.

"Which part?" Jimin stole a glance at Jungkook and found a genuine smile playing on his lips again.

"Everything."

"I'm glad."

"Do not worry. Okay?"

Jimin sighed but smiled nonetheless.
"Yeah, okay."

Few words were exchanged but the underlying emotions were deep and they both were aware of it.

Every time Jimin was away, Jungkook would either stay in his room all day or, if Namjoon was there, Jungkook would be with him. Very rarely would Jungkook go out on his own. Though, Jungkook loved being secluded, but Jimin did not appreciate that mindset. He was not very fond of knowing about Jungkook hiding inside his self-made shell in Jimin's absence.

Jimin had always wished that Jungkook would let others in like he did with Jimin, but he knew very well how afraid Jungkook was of being hurt. Jungkook would hide that truth under the disguise of 'I do not want drama', but Jimin knew better that it was his heart that he wanted to keep safe.

It was only the previous night that Jungkook called Jimin at around 3 am to tell him about the incident at the park. Even though he had convinced Jimin that he was probably mistaken for someone else, Jimin could not help but think that that was not the case, at all.

There had been a few occasions at school when some students tried to bully Jungkook by pulling stupid pranks on him just because he looked innocent and quiet. Jimin always kept him safe without letting Jungkook know about any of those attempts because he could not afford to see Jungkook being afraid of coming to school. However, Jungkook being unaware of those tricks did not mean they did not happen. And the latest incident felt like one of those pranks.

So, today when he had to wait for him at his house and Jungkook still did not show up even after dark, guilt began to eat Jimin with each passing hour. The guilt of leaving him alone even after what he was told. The guilt of going to the cafe after his crush when his best friend probably needed him. The guilt of knowing what might happen if he left Jungkook alone and still not paying any heed to it. The guilt of not even trying to find the person from yesterday and sitting helplessly in Jungkook's kitchen.

It was only when Jungkook called and told him about the actual situation that Jimin's worries disappeared. Until then, his mind had been a complete wreck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~