Chapter 24

Jiminie:

It turned out to be the worst decision of my life.

Jiminie:
I want to die, Jungkook ;(

Color drained from his face when he saw what Jimin had said. He hastily dialed Jimin's number hoping highly that he would pick up.

"Hello! Jimin, what happened? Are you okay?" Jungkook rushed his words as soon as the call was received.

"Hi!" Jungkook could tell that Jimin was trying to fake a smile right now. But a small sob came right after as Jimin's broken voice spoke making Jungkook's breath hitch.

His grip on his phone tightened but he tried to keep his voice calm. Panicked Jungkook was the last thing Jimin would want right now.

"Hey, you can talk to me, you know that. Tell me what happened? Actually, tell me where you are? I'll come and we can talk then, what do you say, hmm?" Jungkook's fingers were restlessly tapping on his thigh as he was pacing in his room. Jimin was taking too long to respond and with every silent second Jungkook was losing his mind.

"I'm outside that cafe." Jimin's timid voice was cut off as he ended the call but Jungkook didn't fail to hear the sobbing that had started for which the call was ended.

Jungkook didn't think twice as he grabbed his phone and ran out. He slowed down when he was passing his mother and faked a smile at her.
"Mom, Jimin called for help with something. I'll be with him late, probably. So you don't have to wait up for me."

As soon as he got the nod from his mother who was too into the TV at the moment, he quickly dashed out and made his way to the cafe. Even though the distance wasn't much but since he had sprinted like his life was on the line, he was out of breath when he arrived. He looked around but there was no sign of Jimin anywhere. Fear coursed through his body once again. He had never heard Jimin so weak before and his mind was running wild making up all the possible horrible things that he didn't want to think about right now.

When he finally spotted the bright blonde hair sitting on a bench hidden behind some bushes in the park near the cafe, he quickly rushed towards him. Once he approached him, Jungkook could see, not one, but three figures sitting there and they were - giggling(?).

Jungkook was lost for a moment. But then, sudden realization hit him when he saw the amused faces, Jimin's being one of them. His face lost all emotions, suddenly. The three heads turned to see his shocked face and two of them were already laughing too much to notice the change that took place in him, until Taehyung's eyes met Jungkook's and his heart nearly stopped. What Jungkook's face showed was not anger, sadness or even worry. It was total numbness. He had gone numb from this 'joke'.

Jimin was already by his side and had hugged him making him unable to see the change in his previously confused expression.
"Aww Jungkookie! You were worried? I'm sorry that we did that to you but it was just a prank. I hope you don't mind. You don't, right?"

Jimin cooed at Jungkook but got no response in return. Neither was his hug ever returned. When Jimin pulled back to see Jungkook in the eye he, immediately, regretted every single moment from the time he agreed to help with the prank. Jungkook was not looking at him he was looking through him, as if Jimin was invisible to him.

Jimin's gaze followed Jungkook's and he saw how blankly the younger was looking at Taehyung and Hoseok who had realized, by now, that their prank had backfired, horribly.

Jungkook moved back and out of Jimin's hug in one swift move and turned around to walk away. Jimin jogged to catch up to him, instantly, but was left behind when Taehyung reached Jungkook first.

"Kookie, I'm sorry. We_we didn't mean to hurt you, I swear. It was just a joke." Jungkook didn't even acknowledge his presence and kept moving. Taehyung didn't give up and followed him along trying to get something, anything out of the boy.

"Jungkookie~" Taehyung whined as he gripped Jungkook's arm to stop him.

Jungkook didn't even blink before harshly removing his hand ignoring the painful yelp of Taehyung, when his hand was squeezed, and moved ahead.

Jimin caught up to them and stopped Taehyung when he saw the older trying to follow him again.

"Let him be, for a while." Jimin said, more like whispered.

"I can't." Taehyung said without taking his eyes off of Jungkook, as he removed Jimin's hand from his arm and ran after Jungkook.

"He won't listen to you. He won't listen to anyone, now." Jimin's voice trailed off as he said to no one, in particular, and dropped down on the road tears streaming down his face.

Hoseok put his arm around Jimin when he saw him crouched down.

"He'll be fine. Don't cry."

"What have I done?" Jimin cried even more because each passing second made his guilt stronger than before.

Hoseok was about to say something to comfort him but Jimin spoke up first.
"You won't understand. No one can. Only I do. And I know how much of a horrible mistake I have made. I'm the worst friend anyone can ever have. Jungkook could ever have."
With that Jimin cried again.

Hoseok patted his back letting the boy cry his heart out.
"Don't say that. You are the best person anyone can ask for as a friend. I can tell."

Jimin looked at him with extremely broken look which made Hoseok's heart hurt.

"Hyung! Jungkook is not as strong as he seems. His heart is like a glass. But he would never let anyone know except me. He trusted in me and I'm the one who broke his heart into tiny pieces." Jimin screamed slightly.

Hoseok understood now what Jimin was worried about and regretted his idea of pranking the innocent boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~