Chapter 26

No one's P.O.V.

Taehyung was speechless. He was unable to grasp the situation on his own and Jungkook wasn't saying anything, either. He was just laughing like a mad man.

Taehyung had come here out of guilt to apologize to Jungkook for the horrendous prank they had played on him. He even borrowed the keys from Jimin because he knew Jungkook wouldn't want to see any of them and that's exactly what happened. Jungkook didn't open up for them. Taehyung had to unlock the door from the outside. He had also expected to be yelled at or even be hurt physically. Whatever it maybe, he came mentally prepared for any sort of punishment he would get because he rightfully deserved it. He just couldn't get that look, from a while ago, out of his mind. That look of abandonment.

Jungkook looked past them as if they weren't even present there. Taehyung's heart had been hurting ever since. Not just because he had hurt someone but also because he wanted to be close to Jungkook. He hadn't said that out loud yet but Jungkook attracted him in ways he had never experienced before and he just had to make Jungkook his. But the grave mistake he had done before he could even try to court the younger was not what he had planned. And that's why he came rushing after him to beg for forgiveness.

What he didn't expect though was the sight of Jungkook, rolling on the floor and laughing hysterically. A very small part of him held on to the thread of hope that Jungkook had, by now, understood that it was a joke and he found it very hilarious. But a huge part of him was telling him to let go of that thread because it was just impossible.

What he feared now, more than anything else, was the idea that maybe Jungkook didn't take it too well and it mes- No!
He shook his head, not letting the thought to complete. He couldn't even think about such a horrible reaction. Not for Jungkook. As he eyed the laughing boy in front of him with guilt, Taehyung prayed silently with all his heart, to anyone up there listening to him, that his horrible prediction would turn out to be a wrong one. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if it was true.

When Jungkook was somewhat relaxed, he straightened himself, still giggling a little as he stood back up, embarrassment gracing his features in soft red color. He knew that Taehyung was equally crazy so he wouldn't be judging him, but that didn't justify his own sudden maniac laughter.

Jungkook looked down at his feet as he cleared his throat, to get the other out of his own daze.
"Um, sorry about that hyung. It's just.." He couldn't complete his sentence. What was he supposed to say to Taehyung? That his imagination ran like that of a five year old? He would rather dig a hole and burry himself than say that.

Taehyung took the silence as his cue to speak.
"Jungkook, are you.. Okay?" He tried to sound sweet yet caring without edging the younger, if that was possible.

Jungkook looked up at his face with confusion.
"Eh? Yes! I mean, yes. I'm sorry, again hyung. It was just too hilarious." He chuckled again as he said remembering his silliness once again without realizing how senseless he sounded to Taehyung.

Taehyung, however, didn't stop himself from taking his steps carefully. He paused to understand what Jungkook had said. Once again, he thought that Jungkook wasn't mad at him but he rejected the thought again as it was too harsh of an incident for him to not be, and too unfair of him to think that way.

"Wh_what are you talking about, exactly?" Taehyung looked interested and contrary to what Jungkook was worried about, he wasn't judging him at all. Jungkook was positive now, that Taehyung was not thinking lowly of him. So, he let out a relaxed sigh before gesturing the older to come inside his room.

Taehyung nodded and walked behind Jungkook as the latter turned on the lights and moved in to remove all his books and stuff from the bed, he had put on the display, earlier. Jungkook didn't see Taehyung signalling to someone as he had his back turned to him at the moment.