Werehog

Its been a very long time since I can remember the old classic fairytale story Little Red Riding Hood. And of course, I have read some rare SonAmy stories that is like Red Riding Hood but differently. But this time, I wanted to make mine a bit different. Like more modern or something. And also with the characters' POV in the story. Like how I did the POVs in Werewolf Curse last year.

Characters belongs to (c) SEGA.

Story image cover art by me.

-------------------------------------------

It was such a peaceful moment at the woods and I often walked with my basket filled with sweets for my grandmother. Those days I was a cute and kind happy girl wearing a red hood. But one day as my grandmother was lying sick in bed, a large wolf creature came to devour her. As I came to my grandmother as usual the creature disguised as her and cleverly tricked me until my curiosity saw through her disguise until the werehog ate me too. A hunter arrived in time as the were-creature slept and he cut us both out while the wolf was given anesthetic to not wake up. While he could wake up soon we filled him with rocks. As he woke up an hour later we filled his stomach with rocks and because of this the wolf creature died. From that day me and my family got better home defense.

(Amy's POV)

My grandmother told me her story of how she and my Great-Great-Great.....Crud....too many greats. I'll just say my ancestor instead. Anyways, how my grandmother and my ancestor survived through the horror. It was scary how this were-creature died.

"Whoa, that's some story, Granny" I sheepishly clapped at hearing my Granny's story.

"I know, dear. But they finally got rid of him. So Amy, if you meet a wolf or something like one, be very careful" My Grandmother said, despite being a teen my Grandmother is still overprotective.

"Granny, I am always prepared for wild predators. But they never harm me because they don't see me as a hunter" I said, though it's kinda sad to see all wild animals hiding in the woods because of poachers.

"I understand. Many species today are endangered. Many have tried to survive without going into extinction" My grandmother said and looked at the window seeing the rain outside.

"Sometimes I don't know how they have evolved for thousands of years ago. There's a difference between predator and prey" I said, reading my Grandma's old story book titled 'Red Riding Hood'.

"Depending on climate they adapt" My grandma said before heading to the kitchen.

I wonder if there is such a thing as were-creatures. I only have seen it in movies and stories but not in real life. It's so hard to believe in fairytale stories. Eventually I headed into my room and there I continued reading the book. I wondered if the events of my ancestor are based on this.

(Werehog's POV)

Man, I really hate the rain! And I definitely hate the poachers hunting for animals to kill. Do they ever learn that killing animals for nothing can cause the animals to go endangered? I must find shelter somewhere but no one can see me like this or they'll freak out. For years since I lived in a den with my father but he abandoned me when I was 7 years old. And now today, this vicious wild bear stole my den and I was no match for this wild beast.

I was still trying to find shelter in the forest but got nothing. Not even the wild animals that live in the den will let me stay for one night because they only saw me walking on two legs instead of fours. And these wild animals don't like creatures that walk on two legs.

I saw a light in the woods and decided to get a closer look; better not be hunters again, "Please don't be hunters. Please, please, please" I prayed to myself while walking slowly. But my legs gave in and I collapsed just as I reached my destination. I looked up to see it was a house. Well, I won't be knocking on the door but I see there's a small wooden shack near the garden field. Perfect, anything to get out of this rain. I used my last strength to get inside it and I closed the door, "There, now I feel safe and warm. For now" I said and shook my wet fur. Suddenly I was pretty sure I heard something but there was nothing. I closed my eyes and slept on the floor.

(Amy's POV)

The next morning was a beautiful day for me to go walking in the forest. I could hear the animals like the birds critter and even distantly hear deer herds running. I had my red cloak and hood on. My grandma made this cloak for my 13th birthday last year. Even though this is the 21st century and people don't wear cloaks anymore but some people do wear them. The cloak kinda suits my last name Rose as its red as one too. Now I'm going to the little town outside the forest. I have my iPhone with me incase my grandma calls me for something. Just then, I got a funny feeling something big is following me. My rapid heart is telling me to run from it. I looked around until I saw the bushes rustle.

"Whoever is in the bushes, reveal yourself" I said calmly, not wanting to sound very serious. Then out of the bushes a blue hedgehog came out but he did not look like any normal mobian hedgehog. He had big teeth and claws.

"If you freak out or run screaming like a girl, I'll eat you!" he growled viciously. I gasped in horror but when I looked at him he didn't even attack me. He laughed hysterically, "Hahaha! I was kidding!"

I gave a weird look at him and got closer, "Really? Because a were-creature ate my ancestor long ago" I said.

"Hey, not every were-monster eats anyone. I find people too boney" the werehog said.

"Hmph! So it's true. Were-monsters do exist. You expect me to say 'Oh, what big teeth you have?' I don't think so" I crossed my arms.

"Because I can eat chilidogs in one bite" The werehog said.

"Do you have a name?" I asked him.

(Werehog's POV)

I smirked at this naïve pink hedgehog when she asked what my name is, "I'm Sonic" I said to her.

"Nice name. My name is Amy Rose" the red hooded girl introduced herself. She looked so innocent and quite cute. Even though she's a girl but her outfit makes her look a little tomboyish or something. White sleeve shirt, blue skinny legging jeans, blue light short skirt, and red boots.

"Cute name for a lady" I teased her which made her blush a little.

"I'm no lady, fur ball! And if I was really a lady I would be wearing a dress but don't like dresses" She grinned at me. Very good point there, hooded girl.

"Oh, yeah. If I was a cute little dog you wouldn't resist my cuteness. Girls can't resist cute little dogs" I smirked back at her but she scoffed in annoyance.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny. You're also a dog too if you forgotten what you are" She said to me like she has won this game.

"What? I'm no dog, pinkie. I'm a werewolf. Eh, werehog I mean" I corrected myself and crossed my arms.

"It's the same thing. Wolves and dogs are part canines. Unless you can't resist playing fetch like a dog" Amy chuckled and picked up a stick.

"Oh, hell no! No! No! No! No!" I gasped and tried to resist when Amy waved the stick. Damn it! I can't control my tail or my excitement! Me and my stupid big mouth! Why did I have to tease her like that?! WHY?!?!

"Fetch!" She threw the stick and I ran after it like a dog. As soon as I picked the stick up with my mouth I ran back. Shit! This is so embarrassing!

"Good boy" Amy giggled and pets me but I scoffed grumpily, throwing the stick aside.

"It wasn't funny, woman. But I did have some fun. It's been years since I can remember what fun is. Anyways, I gotta go. I don't wanna get hunted by hunters" I said and walked through the trees.

(Amy's POV)

Unbelievable! I just met a werehog, a kind one that is but still a bit cocky. But there comes a thought in my head, how will my grandma react if I tell her I met a werehog? But how am I gonna convince her that Sonic does not eat people? Well, it's worth a try.