Spirit of the Wolf

(Sonic's POV)

I can't believe that father returned to meet me again even when he abandoned me. One thing I hope is that he stops being stubborn and uncaring. But I can't force him to change. But deep down in him he must have a heart to show he doesn't wanna lose his only family. No, I can't fall for his lies because he doesn't show remorse or feel guilty. If he really did found me he would've showed relief but he didn't. But I can't fight him either. But what should I do by then? If he ever attacks my friends I have to fight him but without my friends, Nack might find me again.

"If he comes back, I'll fight him" I growled lowly. Then I got back to Amy and Rob while father is away again.

"Do you think he's telling the truth?" Rob asked.

"I don't think so. If he truly cared about me he would feel worried but he didn't" I said.

"Then why did he come back? Does he feel guilt somewhere?" Amy guessed since the reason he came back.

"I have no idea. Maybe he thought I would be savage and go back to him" I guessed.

"Possibly" Amy said.

Wait, I hear movements and I know it's my father hearing the conversation, "I know you're there father and I don't want to fight you! If you're gonna attack my friends you'll have to go through me!" I snarled out loud.

"As you wish. Prove you can take me!" Father stands menacingly and bares his fangs, I did the same thing.

"Suit yourself!" I then launched at him and bit him on the neck while he rolls over. If only I had hands to punch him but I'm in a wolf form and I can't do anything about it. But despite my father being bigger than me I have to use all my strength to take him down without killing him. Then we both circled around each other while Rob and Amy watched.

"You're making a fatal mistake if you so touch them, father!" I snarled.

"I won't if you prove yourself to me!" Father said.

"I don't have to prove myself anything to you except I'll prove that I can kick your ass!" I growled.

"GRRRRR!!!!" Father ran towards me and tries to bite me but I dodged and I bit his tail to cause pain. Just as I was about to win, a gunshot was heard. We all looked at the direction it came from and it was no other than Nack again.

"Well, well, two werehogs as wolves! Score!" Nack grinned.

"Hey! You were supposed to be in jail!" Rob yelled.

"I always get away with my prey. Now stand aside, I got these two to slaughter!" Nack reloads his rifle.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Amy screamed and ran up to Nack to prevent him from using the rifle.

"AMY!" I ran up to Nack and Amy to help her. I took the rifle away from him and threw it aside.

"You mutt!" Nack grew angry but just as he was about to attack me, Amy kicked him in the groin, "ARGH!!" Nack groans in pain.

I then walked up to Nack and growled in his face, "I AM NOT A MUTT!!" I yelled and Nack backed off like a coward, "And I am not a price!"

Then I saw his mood change into a sly one, "Oh yeah! Feel this!" Nack threw a silver dart at me.

"ARGH!!" I screamed in pain as the silver dart hit me.

(Amy's POV)

Sonic's father just walked away and did not care. He's not worth it. Sonic got hit with a silver dart! "SONIC!" I screamed and pushed Nack aside while Rob deals with him. I ran towards my wolf to see if he's okay but I know he's in pain. I pulled out the dart from him and he starts to regain his strength.

"Thanks Ames" Sonic said.

"No worries Sonic. Stay strong" I petted him while I saw Rob getting the upper hand.

"Let's get him to custody" Rob said.

Sonic growls viciously at the tied up weasel, "GRRRR!!!!"

"AAAHH!!!" Nack yelps like a coward.

"Never EVER hunt animal again!" Sonic said up close to his face.

"Get your pissed off fangs away from me you mutt!" Nack glared.

"RAAAARGGH!!" Sonic roared into his face.

A while later, the forest ranger brought Nack into custody, "Well, make sure he does not escape again" I said to the rangers.

"We'll try our best" One of the rangers said.

Sonic still a wolf was glaring deadly at Nack in the patrol car. But soon he turns to me smiling happily, "I owe you again for saving me"

"No worries. We better get home" I said.

"What about your father? He ran off" Rob asked.

"Forget it. He's not worth my time" Sonic said.

"Yeah, you're right. He's so irresponsible" I agreed.

"Let's forget him and go home. If he ever comes back I'll tell him that I'm no longer his son anymore" Sonic said.

"You still are no matter what. But if he looked back in his retrospect he would understand what he did was very wrong" I said to Sonic.

"I hope because somewhere in his heart is a caring side" Sonic said.

"Let's hope so and that he'll forgive you" I assured.

"We'll see. Better give him time to grow a conscience. But I'm glad Nack is going to jail again" Sonic said.

"You're lucky to be alive, Sonic" I said.

"Thanks Ames. And you're both lucky to be alive too" Sonic said.

"Me and Amy?" Rob asked.

"Yeah, that you two are alive" Sonic said.

Soon we returned back home and Sonic transformed back to a werehog again, "Phew, glad to be me again" Sonic said and stretched his arms.

"I'm so glad you dearies are okay" My Grandma said.

"All fin but Sonic had a rough reunion with his uncaring father" I told her.

"Oh, families always not get along" Grandma said.

"Yeah, but I hope he learns how to love family members" I said and Sonic got up to me.

"And Nack tried to kill me again but he's behind bars again" Sonic said.

"Yup, let's hope that he's in jail for maybe 20 years until he can learn to think about what he did" I said. I really hated that weasel for killing animals or endangering them. We mobians are part animals but we also have a little bit of human anatomy. Most humans describe mobians as anthropomorphic animals. I felt a little tired suddenly, "I need some rest right now" I said while yawning.

"Go ahead. You need some rest after such a long day" Grandma said.

(Sonic's POV)

Amy went upstairs to rest while I decided to go outside and run around to clear my mind from my rough reunion with father. Maybe I shouldn't meet him again in a while. Ah, who am I kidding? I got Amy and her family. While running around in the forest, I saw the sky turning into night time and the full moon changing its phase a little. But then, I saw something glowing in the forest. I squint my eyes a little to see what it was; it looked like a....spirit of a wolf. I raised my head and howled out loud to show respect. But it walked away like it wanted me to follow it. I did so and came deeper and deeper into the woods. When I came closer, the wolf spirit stopped and it turned out to be....

"Sonic" I recognized the voice; it's my late mother.

"Mother" I was stunned.