Reunion

(Sonic's POV)

The next day was gonna be like going on a mission to find the real killer that killed the farm animals the other day. I was still too worried for Rob and Amy to come along because I don't want to put them in danger. Death is something I'm not used to because losing someone is like losing my happiness, "Keep your eyes out for any movements" I said to them.

"Okay Sonic" Amy said, walking next to me. These past days I have started to feel my heart beat faster when I look at her. Man, it's like my feelings are telling me that I care a lot about her. I just wonder what her feelings are for me right now. But I have to be sure right now that the killer doesn't appear any second now. I know that killer is a werehog but I don't know who it is because I never seen other werehogs in the forest. I was the only one in the forest for years.

"Do you think that killer is a werehog? I don't mean you, Sonic" Rob asked me.

"It's possible. I can identify claw marks of an animal. Mostly" I said.

"I presume the werehog is a bigger one? Because the witness said the bite and claw marks were big as a bear's" Rob said.

"Well if we find him or her, are you sure you're gonna fight him?" Amy asked me in concern.

"If he or she can't be reasoned with, yes" I replied.

"Then you'll be careful to not get killed, Sonic" Amy said.

"Claws and fangs are my main weapon" I said.

"I know but I'll be there with you and Rob" Amy said and pats my shoulder.

That made my tail wag again but I didn't care if Amy or Rob noticed. But at least they are my friends so it does not matter. Now we were coming up to the mountains, "Let's take a break for a while" I said.

"Sure" Amy and Rob sat down on the ground with me. We had a direct view over the forest at the mountains. Then I noticed that Amy was resting her head on my chest. This was something that made me think back when I first met her.

(Flashback)

That morning when I was in the small shack for shelter, I heard someone from the house. I peeked and saw a female pink hedgehog from her bedroom window, opening the window and inhaled some fresh air. She looked so beautiful and is just like the best rose I've ever seen. Damn, I feel strange. No! No! No! This is not love at first sight! I don't even know this girl! Maybe I should wait and be sure she does not freak out if she sees me. I know, I'll see if I can face her tomorrow. Wait, I see her coming out of the house wearing a red cloaked hood and carrying a basket. I decided to follow her without getting caught. I decided to follow her without getting caught. I hate stalking but I really wanna know her. I hid in the bushes but I saw her ears twitch at the sound of the bushes rustling. Crap! She heard me!

"Whoever is in the bushes, reveal yourself" She said calmly without yelling.

Damn it! What do I do?! I guess I'll just have to play the big bad werehog or something. I came out of the bushes and showed myself to her, "If you freak out or run screaming like a girl, I'll eat you up!" I playfully bared my teeth and claws to give a good scare. She backs off in fear but then I laughed. Man, that was hilarious that she thought I was gonna eat her.

(End of Flashback)

Amy has now gotten off of me and looks at the clouds with her cousin. I decided to join them and lie down next to them. I hope she doesn't mind that but I really wanna protect her from danger; and of course, protecting her cousin too. Soon I'm gonna turn into a wolf; well, the full moon is gonna turn me into a wolf. I folded my arms behind my head, "In a few minutes I'm gonna be turned into a wolf again" I said.

"Okay Sonikku" Amy had an expected look on her face. She really thinks my wolf form is cute, "I can't wait to see you as a wolf again" Amy's smile grew.

"You really like how cute I am as a wolf?" I chuckled.

"Because you're like a dog" Amy said.

Just as the moon rises, I felt my body change again. As soon as the transformation was done I sat down, "I know I'm cute but don't overdo it. No offense" I said to her.

"Works for me my Sonic wolf" Amy pets me.

"Now that's too adorable" Rob chuckled at me.

"Very funny" I rolled my eyes and ignored his joke.

"Just kidding" He admitted but I shook my head and rest my head on Amy's lap.

(Amy's POV)

Sonic is so cocky sometimes but I don't mind that. For nearly a month I think of getting to know him and getting along with him, it's like I care a lot about him. And right now that he lays his head on my lap, I couldn't help but pet him. Until then, something big came from the woods. Rob, Sonic, and I got up and got into our fighting position as the large creature turned out what we were seeking. It was another wolf similar like Sonic but bigger like a bear.

"Who are you?" I asked the werehog. Wait, if this creature is a werehog, should it be a wolf too? But was right now in wolf form but the fur was darker than Sonic in a greyish tone.

"Somone you don't wanna meet" The werehog said in a low voice.

Sonic stepped out to see who the werehog is, "Father" He growled lowly.

"Son?!" The werehog recognized Sonic, it was no other than his father!

"Yes and what the hell are you doing here, father?" Sonic walked past me to his father.

"Looking for you" His father said but I can see that he's faking it.

I then interfered, "Looking for him?! You abandoned him years ago! Do you have any idea how much he suffered to survive in the wild?! Of course you don't because you were never there for him!" I yelled.

Sonic's father was speechless and looked at his son's healed injuries and then at me, "You were not there when your own child was almost mauled by a wild bear! I helped him recover! Also, he told me you never approved him and his mother's ways!"

"Hmph! He never learned the way of being like my father's dad" Sonic's father scoffed.

"Maybe because it wasn't Sonic's choice to follow your grandfather's footsteps!" Rob said.

"Yes, you should have let me decide who I am instead of pushing me and force into being savage. I'm my own person, father! And how did you felt when mother died?! You loved her!" I saw Sonic telling his father off.

I noticed his father being taken back by his son's actions, "I did love her. But I returned to see my only family left" Sonic's father said.

"Yeah, a father who abandoned his son" I glared at him, he growled slightly at me but didn't attack.

"Then I guess there's no point in reunion in the family" Sonic's father was about to leave.

"What about those farm animals? Did you kill them?" Sonic asked him.

"I am a predator, son. That's what we do. I don't care what I have to do to survive" His father said.

"Not every predator is like that! I'm a predator too but I don't kill animals for food!" Sonic snarled.

"So you're a scavenger? Well I guess I should be going. I've been a terrible father" Sonic's father sees no point to argue.