Love

(Sonic's POV)

I hugged my father and noticed that he didn't push me off, "Sonic, can you forgive me for my past actions and for a day ago?" Father said and hugged me back.

"I forgive you, father. Promise me you'll never hurt me or my friends again" I said.

"I promise my son. Who's that girl's name over there?" He asked who Amy was.

"The name's Amy Rose and as I told you before I helped Sonic back to health" Amy said.

"Interesting" I heard Grandfather said, "You young lady did the selfless act to save my grandson from death by what?"

"I was attacked by a wild bear but she saved me" I explained.

"A wild bear?" My father gasped.

"Yes. It almost killed me but I survived thanks to her and her family" I said.

"Really? Good" Father said.

"And for a whole month we got along" Amy said.

"And I learned everything about society from the town and met new friends; Sally and Amy's cousin Rob" I said.

"Wow, our boy is learning something new" My grandpa said.

"And the truth is....Amy and I are in love" I walked up to Amy holding her hand. My father and my grandfather were surprised by this, a werehog falling in love with a mobian hedgehog.

"That's new. My father was way too gone into savage to love anyone" Grandpa said.

"But he did have a wife, did he?" I asked.

"Yes he did but she left him when she realized he went too far" Grandpa said.

"He's very savage. That is why I don't want to follow his footsteps" I said, crossing my arms.

"He was so savage that he lost the ability to speak. That happened the last day I saw him" Grandpa.

"That's terrible" Amy said with an expression of sadness.

"Indeed" Grandpa nodded.

"And I guess that my Grandma will have a hard time to trust you both" Amy said.

"If she sees us the way she saw Sonic she might" Father said.

"I'll be there" I said, I hate to see my Grandfather living in the wild with my father like this. He does have his walking stick but he's still too old to handle himself, "Come along with us home" I offered them.

"Very well" Father and Grandpa accepted.

(Rob's POV)

I was helping Granny with dinner while waiting for Amy and Sonic to return with a basket of berries. Our blue werehog really enjoys blueberries a lot like a wolf. I just hope he hasn't eaten too much of it. Well what do you know he probably has an obsession of berries. I am reminded of the time my ancestor Robin Hood who stole from the rich and gave to the poor ones out of Prince John's clutches and had his freedom fighters alongside him. He was among the greatest archers ever. Somehow he inspired me into becoming a master of archery. But I never steal anything. But I did have helped folks during my life.

Just then I heard Sonic and Amy walking inside but I saw two figures walking behind them. I recognized one of them as Sonic's uncaring father and the other one looked like an elder and could only walk with a cane.

"Oh, dear. More werehogs?!" Granny got scared.

"Grandma, calm down. I think Sonic has talked sense into them" I assured her. They got in and now I better hope she does not freak out at seeing them.

"You brought two more werehogs Mr. Sonic?! Why?!" Grandma asked.

"They're my relatives; my father and my grandfather. Don't worry, they won't eat you" Sonic said softly.

"Better be so, because that one bears a striking resembles to the one who ate me and my grandmother alive" She points at Sonic's Grandfather.

"Hey, I'm nothing like my savage father. Take it easy" Sonic's grandfather said.

"Grandma, don't panic. I know that memory haunts you but it's all in the past now" Amy said.

Granny's face softened up and she pats her hand on Amy's shoulder, "You're right dear. I can't judge the descendants" Grandma said.

"Yes. And also in the woods while we picked berries I forgave my father" Sonic said.

"It's true. And also I'm glad that by your help that you helped Sonic back to health" Sonic's father said.

"No worries" I said.

(Amy's POV)

Now that Sonic's remaining family has befriended mine and we have talked through. We sat at the couch in the living room together at the fireplace. I am glad that Grandma has learned that Sonic's grandfather is not as savage as his own father.

"You really do have your mother's eyes, young boy" Sonic's grandpa said.

"Yeah, I really wish she was here right now. She would have been proud that the relationship between dad and I are fixed. And that I got Amy as my girlfriend" Sonic said, that made me smile.

"I never believed that a werehog could fall in love with a hedgehog. Our ancestors never fell in love with hedgehogs" Sonic's father said.

"Then that makes me and Sonic the first ones" I said.

"Yeah, you're right" Sonic's father said.

"Say, can Sonic and I have a private moment please?" I requested.

"Go ahead" Grandma said and both Sonic and I headed back to my room.

When we were alone, Sonic and I sat at the window, "Sonic, are you happy that you have reconciled with your father?" I asked him.

"Yes I am; and that he approves the first time ever and that he accepted our relationship" Sonic said and nuzzled on my quills to show affection. Suddenly he licked my cheek which really surprised me but he quickly stopped, noticing that he blushed red, "Uhh...sorry. That was my wolf feelings of....affection" He stammered.

"Eh, it's okay my Sonic wolf" I shrug it off. I can understand that dogs and other wild canines lick to show kindness, love, care, and affection, "Sonic you're the most handsome boy I've ever seen and you're not just an animal" I said.

"Then what am I?" He asked.

"You're also a person with a heart of gold and from the heart comes love" I said.

He smiles and gave me an eskimo kiss and I giggled a bit but then I kissed him on the lips with passion. We wrapped our arms around each other and then we pulled apart for air.

"I love you Amy Rose" Sonic said.

"I love you too, Sonic the Werehog" I said.

Just then, his nose twitched like he smells something good. I smelled something too and it smells like chili dogs. His reaction made him get too excited and he ran on all fours to head downstairs. I rolled my eyes in annoyance but smiled in happiness. I followed him downstairs to join dinner.