Free

(Amy's POV)

I was holding out the baked pie in front of Sonic's ancestor without making a move. I was getting a little frightened because I don't know what's gonna happen next. Will the ancestor remember me as my young grandma or will he attack? I just hope he hasn't lost his sanity completely. The beast gets closer to the pie and sniffs it, then looks up as if he's remembering. I don't know if he's having memory flashbacks or recognizing me as my young grandma.

"You...." He thinks I'm my grandmother.

"Hi...I now want to give you some of my family recipe" I said nervously and I handed over the pie, "Please don't attack me" I pleaded.

Damn it! I need to tell him the truth instead of playing along. Just as he was about to take the pie I slowly snatched it away, "Wait. There's something you should know" I said.

"Hmm?" He looked up.

"Look, I'm the granddaughter of the girl who refused to share pie with you. My grandma should've realized that you wanted her pie the whole time but she didn't share it with you. She didn't mean to make you go savage. She was afraid of you" I told him and he listened without attacking me, "But when we learned about the real truth from your journal, she realized that if she shared the pie with you then you wouldn't go savage. Right now, she made a pie for you as an apology for what she made you end up as. Please don't be mad at her" I said solemnly. He nods and then ate the pie. Sonic got behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, werehog" I heard Grandma, "I am deeply sorry for rejecting your request to taste. It's my fault"

"Grandma?" I gasped.

"Yes. It has to be me who handles this" Grandma said.

The werehog raised his head and smiles weakly, "All....is....forgiven"

"Papa" Sonic's grandpa walks in with his cane.

"Son?" The werehog recognized his own son.

"Papa. It's me, it's your son" Blue said, walking up to his father, "You remember me? Back when you, mom, and I wandered?" He reminded him.

"Yes" The werehog nodded, "And who are those other werehogs?" He asked.

"I'm your grandson, Jules" Jules appeared before his own grandfather.

"And I'm your great grandson, Sonic" Sonic said.

"Those are your family, including I" Blue said.

"I think it works" I whispered to Sonic.

"Look" Sonic pointed.

I looked and saw his ancestor turning into sparkles slowly. He nods thankfully to us and became a wolf spirit to then swirl away into the sky. He was at peace at last. That's when I heard Sonic and his relatives howling out loud, "AAAARRRRROOOOOO!!!!" They howled to honor their ancestor.

"He's at peace" Grandma said.

"Yes, yes he is" I said.

(Sonic's POV)

My ancestor was finally at peace. I saw my mother's spirit of a wolf deep in the woods, "Mother" I approached her.

"My son" She got closer.

"You saw the whole thing?" I asked.

"Yes, and your father is here too" She said with a mild glare.

"Honey?" Father saw my mother.

"That's right, Jules" Mother said.

"Aleena, Sonic and I have talked through" Father said.

"And?" She wanted to hear more.