My Ancestor Returns

(Blue's POV)

I was going to show Amy and my family something I have in mind. It's an old cottage that used to be the red riding hood hedgehog's grandmother's place, "Well, here it is" I showed them.

"Whoa, it looks old and abandoned. Is this my Great-Great-Great.....Argh! Is this my ancestor's old cottage?" Amy asked.

"I'm afraid so. My father's corpse is buried here" I said with shame.

"Well it's in the past. So we won't worry. But still I can't believe it actually happened" Amy said.

"Amy, I am not like him you know" I said.

"I know. But what made him go savage in the first place?" Amy asked.

"I don't know. I guess that he let his wild instincts take over his mind; he became more and more like a predator" I was not so sure. If I knew why then I would get answers from my father but it was too late for him when he went savage. But at least my son, my grandson, and I remind sane; now to investigate the cottage. We headed inside and it looked really abandoned on the inside; spider-webs and dust everywhere. It must have been in the bedroom where my father ate Amy's relatives alive.

"My god. What a mess. I don't see blood because it coagulates fast, I think" Sonic said.

"Well you can imagine how my father could awkwardly swallow two people like a snake. But he sure was big" I said.

"Define big" Sonic said.

"Bigger than a bear" I guessed.

"Hey, look what I found" Amy found a picture of her grandmother as a kid. I walked over with Sonic and my son to see it.

On the picture, Amy's grandmother is wearing the same red hooded cloak as Amy is wearing, but the picture is black and white, "She looks very much like you Amy" I said, pointing at the picture.

"She really does look like me" Amy said, looking at the picture.

(Sonic's POV)

The picture of Amy's grandmother really did look a little bit like Amy. Hard to see from black and white color of the picture, "Well, at least the picture still intact" Amy said.

"Yeah, a little dusty but still a good picture" I said.

"Yes. But where are the remains of your great grandfather?" Amy wondered.

"They are buried at the cottage's basement; in a box" Grandpa said.

"Let's have a look" I said.

"No, I don't want to" Amy objects.

"Why not?" I asked curiously.

"Because I don't want to think of what Grandma told me" Amy shuddered in fear.

"Good point" I nodded, "I'll go then" I headed to the basement to see the remains. When I got down there I flicked the switch on and the basement lights up; impressed that it still works. I looked around seeing crates and then I noticed something, a skeletal clawed hand. It's gotta be my ancestor. As I got a little closer to see it clearly, it was scary as hell and it was indeed a werehog skeleton of my Great Grandfather, "Oh my god, how long have you been dead?!" I took a step back because the scent really smelled rotten. I head back upstairs and saw Amy and my relatives looking at me.

"So, what did you see?" Grandpa asked me.

"Your father's skeleton. No offense but he smells rotten. Better not disturb his tomb" I said and I get this feeling that my ancestor is haunting this place.

"Yes, if so much as we touch the remains, things would be bad" Grandpa said.

"How?" My father asked.

"He shall rise again if anyone touches the corpse" Grandpa said.

"Maybe it's just a rumor to scare us" Amy said.

"Possibly, I'm not sure since the corpse is decayed for years" I said but then I heard a creaking noise inside the cottage.

"What was that?" Dad heard it too.

"Sounds like a creaking door" I said and we went to check where it came from. My sharp hearing can identify sounds. Then my eyes widen in shock when it became footsteps; it got closer and closer. It was revealed to be my own ancestor; somehow coming back from the dead. The walking corpse was regaining flesh and blood; I don't what it's happening right now and this is really not like a scary movie!

"Oh my god!" Amy hides behind me.

"Grrrrrrrr......." My ancestor growled viciously.

"Uhh.....hi. I'm your Great Grandson. It's nice to meet....my undead....ancestor" I chuckled nervously while backing away slowly. I can tell that my Great Grandfather doesn't talk or show any emotions.

"HRRRRAAAAGH!!!!" My ancestor lunges at both me and Amy when suddenly my father appeared and dashed at him.

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY SON AND HIS GIRL!!!!" He yelled and punched him. I never saw my dad do such selfless act as he defended me and Amy. I also saw my grandfather trying to walk out the door. I know why because he's too old to fight back.

"GO!!!" Father told me and Amy to run.

"No! I'm not leaving you behind!" I stand up and attacked my ancestor with my father, "AMY GET OUT WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE!" I yelled.

"I can't leave you both behind!" Amy said.

"Don't worry about us! You and my grandfather get to safety!" I struggled to hold my ancestor down.

"Please be careful! I don't want to lose you again!" Amy said and ran out the door with my grandpa.

Now I struggled to pin my ancestor down, "He's too strong! Even for an undead werehog this is a nightmare!"

"We must destroy the head!" Father said.

"How?! He's got sharp claws and fangs than ours!" I struggled and pushed my ancestor aside.

"Trust me! We finish him together!" Father said.

"I trust you but we're not in our werehog forms! We don't know how long we'll transform and fight our relative!" I said.

"You just have to think of a strategy!" Father said and got next to me.

We both jumped up and attacked my great grandfather. But my ancestor strikes at us with his claws and shoves us both at the wall.

"UGH!!!" I groaned from the impact on my back; damn that hurt! Oh, god this is not happening! Fighting an undead werehog! I have to think fast now! I saw my father trying to recover but couldn't get up. This is not good. Fighting as a normal hedgehog won't be easy. I looked out the window and saw the new moon almost changing its phase. Werehog or hedgehog, I can still fight back! One thing I can do as a hedgehog is my spin dash move.

I spun like a pinball and hit my ancestor hard to get him away from my father, "AAAARRGGHHH!!!" He crashes through the floor.

"Phew, thanks son" Father said proudly to me.

"Let's finish this, father" I held out my hand for him.

"Yes. As father and son" He took my hand and we both looked down into the hole. We both jumped down and we saw my great grandfather recovering instantly.

"Grrrrrrr!!!" He stumbles back on his feet.

"Oh, crap. I think we made him pissed" I said, I did not like this.

"Let's do this!" Father said and spun into a ball.

"YEAH!!!" I spun into a ball and we both began using a spin dash move.