Being Normal

(Sonic's POV)

Amy was bringing me to the town where I can learn and experience everything but it won't be that long when I'm back as a werehog tomorrow. I just hope anyone won't ask questions about me because I don't talk about myself to people. And I hate making dumb excuses to hide my secret.

"Okay Sonic, just act casual" Amy whispers to me.

"Uhhh.....define casual" I said, unsure how to be casual like normal people.

"All right. How about you try those" Amy points at a hot dog stand.

"Uhh....I'll pass. I don't wanna get awkward. No offense" I said, not wanting to sound rude but to avoid myself from getting embarrassed, "Uhh....how about just walking around?"

"Okay" Amy agreed with me and we continued our walk.

We stayed on the sidewalk to avoid oncoming cars passing by. On the way I looked at some stores that sold various items and furniture. Well I gotta say it's not bad for a first time around here. And no sign of Fang the Weasel, "Well, this is better than looking at the view from the mountains" I said.

"Agreed. Now this town isn't that big but it got its own stores, movie theaters, bowling hall, everything. But I am not into those interests" Amy said.

"So you just like shopping and all?" I asked curiously.

"Well sometimes I am. I like mostly to shop for clothes, shoes, and boots which matches the color of the clothing" Amy said.

Pretty soon we saw a chipmunk or squirrel hybrid or something walking in front of us, "Hi Sally" Amy smiled.

"Hi Amy. Who's your friend there?" The chipmunk introduced herself and asks who I am.

"I'm Sonic" I said.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Sally Acorn and I'm a childhood friend of Amy" Sally said.

"Nice. I'm new in the town" I said but I also wanna ask a curious question, "Um, are you a....chipmunk or squirrel? Just curious" I said.

"I'm both. My dad is a squirrel and my mom is a chipmunk" Sally said.

"I see. Well you look mostly like a chipmunk" I said.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. I'm used to it. Well, I gotta go. Nice seeing you Sonic" Sally said.

"You too Sally. See ya" I waved to her.

"See you too Amy" Sally waves to Amy.

I watched Sally walking away from us to head home; she seems really nice. Me and Amy continued walking around the town for a while until we head back home, "So what do you think Sonic?" Amy asked me about my thoughts of the town.

"It's really great I guess" I replied.

"Mmmhmm? I take that as a I like it" Amy jokingly said.

"Okay, I do like it. But it's still a first step for me to be like normal people. But I don't wanna get too much attention from people" I said.

"I understand. Too much attention could prove stressful and eventually it can get too much" Amy said.

"You got a point there, Ames. Anyways, in the morning I am back to my you know beast form" I meant my werehog form.

"I know. Now when we're back its dinner time" Amy said.

"Can't wait to eat" I smiled at her; because now that I don't have claws and fangs I can eat like a normal person. It's like how my mother tried to teach me how to eat like a normal person.