Amy's Cousin

Sally Acorn and Rob O' Hedge belongs to (c) Archie/IDW.

------------------------------------

(Amy's POV)

I was on my way to the town to go shopping at the grocery store to buy some food for me and my Granny. I strolled down on the sidewalk and right into the parking lot of the store. Then I headed inside the store and picked a medium shopping cart to take my supplies in. I better not forget to buy milk. As soon as I was done I headed to the cashier. She was a chipmunk/squirrel mix, "Morning Amy" She waved to me.

"Morning Sally" I recognized the cashier as Sally Acorn.

"Anything new you have decided to get?" She asked me.

"Nah, the usual" I said and let her scan the code tags of the food for the price and puts them in the shopping bag.

"Okay then. I hope you and your Grandma are not facing large predators in the woods. You know there are bears in there" Sally said, she was often suggesting me and my grandmother to move in town.

"Thanks but I'm happy living in the woods. I'm always careful" I said.

"Okay, then" Sally shrugs.

"I know what you mean, Sally. But predators don't always attack people. Unless if there's a hunter with guns they will attack" I said to her.

"I hate hunters but I'm glad you're no hunter" Sally said.

"Yeah, anyways I gotta go. See ya, Sally" I said and gave her my cash and grabbed the shopping bags.

"Don't forget your change" Sally hands me the change and receipt.

"Thanks. See ya!" I said before I left waving. Sally waved back before resuming her job.

Soon I was walking in the forest while thinking of that blue werehog. I know it's a bit awkward that I learned to never talk to strangers that I don't even know. But at least he mentioned he hates eating people so I can feel safe, I hope.

I reached the house and went inside before closing the door. When I went into the kitchen I saw my Granny but there was also someone I know who is adventurous and brave like his ancestor Robin Hood. My cousin Rob O' Hedge.

"Oh, hi there Amy" Rob saw me and goes up to me.

"Hi, Rob" I hugged him.

"It's been a while since I saw you, Amelia. Wanna see my archery skills and how they have improved?" Rob said and showed his bow.

"Sure, if you can get a bullseye" I said.

"You bet" He gave a smug smile.

Once outside we took out a target so we can see how much Rob O' Hedge's skills has improved. He took an arrow and pulls it on his bow, "I won't miss this time" he said and shoots the arrow and it was just inches from the middle.

"Almost" I chuckled, "But you're getting there. Like how you did at the Olympic Games last year"

"Yeah, and I got a gold medal for that" Rob said. He shoots another arrow and he gets a bullseye and grins at this, "Bullseye!" He turns around to me and gave thumbs up.

"Very good, cousin!" I clapped for him.

(Sonic's POV)

I was hiding up in the tree watching this teal colored fur hedgehog wearing a brown hooded cloak showing Amy his archery skills. I better hope he's not here to hunt though but he shows kindness to her and her granny. But I can't show myself now that he has an arrow and bow. I better get out of here but if I made noise it will get his attention. Well, all I have to do is wait until they're back inside the house.