Searching

(Rob's POV)

Yup, here I am, walking with my cousin Amy Rose and the werehog Sonic searching for the mysterious creature that attacked farm animals last night. I know it's gonna be dangerous but I have to be brave like my ancestor Robin Hood. Heck, I never miss my target. But I can still tell that a spark between Sonic and my cousin.

But now back to what I'm doing, "Guys, are you seeing something strange yet?" I asked them.

"Like what?" Amy said.

"You know what we are searching for" I said to her.

"Right of course. No, still nothing" Amy said.

"Whatever creature attacked the farm animals last night didn't seem to eat them. It can't be a chupacabra because it doesn't exist" Sonic said.

"Chupacabra means 'goat sucker' so it only eats goats" Amy said.

"Actually, chupacabras sucks blood from goats like a vampire" I corrected her.

"Right, silly me" Amy giggled nervously.

Suddenly, Sonic caught something in his nose, "Guys, I think I got the scent of the creature!" Sonic said.

"WHERE?!?!" I took out my bow and arrow and ran with them to where. Sonic got the scent until it turns out to be.....a cougar. It hisses at us and runs away, "Sheesh, you got a bad sense of smell" I complained.

"I do not! Never mind that. Sometimes my wild instincts make me get alarmed when I sense danger" Sonic said.

"Mmhmm? Well use your hearing too, Sonic" I huff in annoyance and walked past him.

(Sonic's POV)

I growled in frustration but I controlled my anger, not wanting to go savage like a pissed off animal, "Sonic, easy now" Amy pets my ears to calm me down. I stopped growling and proceed to continue my walk with them.

"At least the cougar didn't attack because it wasn't savage" I said, I wanted to chase the cougar for fun but I don't wanna end up getting separated from Amy and Rob.

We eventually came to a gorge river down there. It looks like we have to find a way to get over the gorge, "Okay, I'm gonna use this rope on this arrow and shoot it at a tree on the other side. Then we climb on the rope" Rob took out a rope and ties it on the arrow. He pulls it and shoots it at the tree going through the thick branch. He hands me the end of the rope he had and I tied it tight on the other tree.

"All right. It's steady enough" I felt the rope.

"Ladies first" Amy smirks at us and climbs.

"And I thought you're not a lady" I smirked back and I climbed after her with Rob following. I better not look down. Heights don't bother me but when climbing with two people I get worried that they'll lose their grip and fall to their death. We were almost to the other side when Amy almost lost her grip but she grasped onto the rope again.

"God almighty!" Amy hangs onto dear life.

"Ames! Swing back and forth to the edge!" I told her.

"I'll try!" Amy swung back and forth. She jumps on the edge of the other side and lands on her feet, "I made it!" She cheered.

Soon after we came over the river we left the rope there and we continued the search.

"Were you scared of climbing the rope?" I asked Amy.

"Not a bit" Amy replied.

"Oh, really Amy?" I gave a smug grin.

"Don't give me that grin look" She pouted seriously.

I don't wanna provoke her but I know she was scared of climbing the rope. I used my non-weapon trick to make her confess. I sat down like a dog and did my cute puppy eyes at her while making the cute puppy whimpers. I know you can't resist my puppy eyes, Amy.

"Awww.....cute. Wait, don't do that! No, no, no! Argh! I admit I was afraid of climbing the rope! Damn it!" Amy confesses.

I chuckled at her reaction of defeat and I stopped doing my puppy eyes, "Its okay to be scared, Amy. I was scared too" I said to her.

"Oh, I guessed so too" She chuckled and hugged me.

"How adorable" I heard Rob snickering.

I growled a little but I'm not gonna argue with him, "Talk to the paw" I held out my hand.

"Fine" He rolled his eyes.

Just then we heard something. But when we looked it was just a deer running around, "False alarm again" I muttered.

"Well, there are a lot of distractions in the forest" Amy shrugs to me.

"I agree, but it's almost sunset. We should head back before any nocturnal animals comes out to hunt hedgehogs" I said.

"Works for me. We'll find the creature tomorrow" Amy said.

(Amy's POV)

Well, it was a good start for the search but we'll try again tomorrow when we got more supplies. Man, Sonic gave me those cute puppy eyes at me. Damn, he's very good at how I can't resist the cuteness. But I hope next time I don't fall for his trick again. I have to admit he does look cute when he does that but doing it too much will get very annoying. Why do girls have to admire adorable things? I'll never understand why. Sometimes I wonder what boys see in cute animals. Most just roll their eyes or scoff in annoyance.

Right now we better be careful before it's completely dark so no predator like wild wolves or bears appears again. But it was still some sunlight in the sky. We came back to the house soon enough. We got inside and Rob hung up his bow and arrows. I hung up my red cloaked hood.

"So, did you find what you searched for?" Grandmother asked us.

"Nope, nothing" I shook my head, "Maybe tomorrow we'll look again"

"Okay then but if you have to go far be sure to pack some food, tents, and sleeping bags" Grandma said.

"If we have to do so, alright then" I said.

"We got a lot to talk about our trip, Grandma" Rob said.

We got to the living room and began telling our grandma about our trip, "First we just walked through the forest encountering a skunk, then we soon came to a gorge with a river so Rob fired an arrow with a rope to climb over" I explained the story.

"That is very dangerous, dearie" Grandma said.

"Yes but we managed to get over the river" I said.

"And we encountered a deer too" Sonic said.

"Nice, well at least no other werehog trying to attack you three or any other predator" Grandma said while cleaning her glasses.

"That got me thinking. What if it was another werehog that attacked the farm animals? And I know it's not me because I don't slaughter animals" Sonic said.

"And that you are right here with us" I said to him.

"Exactly, so that I couldn't have left the house" Sonic said.

"The question is if it could be a relative of yours" Rob guessed.

"Unlikely, my mother is dead and my father lives probably north. And it also can't be my grandfather because he's way too old to kill animals. I never met him in my life. But I know he probably looks like me when he was young but not anymore" Sonic said.

"Whoever it is it might be a dangerous one" I guessed.

"The forest is a dangerous place, Amy. You know that" Grandma said.

"Only at night it is dangerous" I said.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be a wolf again in a few hours" Sonic said, looking at the sun.

"Don't get too wild. Remember your domesticated instincts" I told him.

"I do, Ames" Sonic said.