Truth

(Sonic's POV)

I can't believe it. My mother has returned as a spirit. She was glowing bright blue but looked alive, "Mother, is that really you?" I asked my mother's spirit.

"Yes my son. It's me" My mother said as she was able to put her hand on my cheek.

"I've missed you so much" I said and held my hand up. My hand met hers as I looked into her eyes. My eyes had tears forming.

"I've missed you too my son. I have been watching you for so long since I died. And look at how you've grown" My mother smiled.

"Thanks. But father is back in the woods. He still has not approved me. Am I a bad son to him?" I began telling her about my reunion with dad.

"Oh, sweetie. You're not a bad son to him. He just doesn't see how you've improved to being who you are" Mom said.

"But how can I make him see that way? He's the only living relative I have left" I said, slight traces of tears appearing.

"Sonic, he has taught you one thing, to survive all dangers in the wild. He may never have accepted you for who you are but deep down he still loves you. When you were born, your father and I were so happy" Mother said.

"I guess that is true. He wanted to teach me how to defend myself from danger. But I was too young to understand him. It's just I don't want him to teach me how to hunt because I don't like killing" I explained to her. Even if my father wanted to teach me how to fight in the wild to survive, he should've waited when I'm old enough to understand.

"I understand. If you meet him again try to talk sense into him and try to make him understand. Make him the father you always wanted to have" Mother said.

"I'll try. But also, why did he leave you to die? I didn't want to leave you there but he forced me" I asked with tears streaming down my muzzle.

"There was nothing he could do. He couldn't bear the sight of me dying so he had to let me go. He just wanted you to be safe" Mother said and hugged me. It all made sense now, father didn't really force me, he just wanted me to survive in the wild. But he couldn't raise me without Mom because he knew that I would be depressed without a mother. That's why he abandoned me because he couldn't bear the pain of my mother's death. It's like my green eyes reminds him of my mother's eyes and that was something he couldn't forget about.

"I have to meet him again, without a fight" I said.

"Yes, promise me you'll tell him you have spoken to me" Mother said.

"I promise. I just hope he believes in ghost stories" I joked with her.

She laughs a bit for a few seconds, "I also noticed you have befriended a pink hedgehog" She said.

"Yeah, she nursed me back to health from a bear fight. She's really cute. But I get this feeling like I'm just more than a friend to her" I said with a blush.

"If it is that feeling then it is love. It comes from the heart" Mom said.

"Love? But I can't be in love with her. Werehog and hedgehog don't go together" I said.

"It does not matter. You're almost like a normal person. But your great grandfather never was. Just tell her your feelings and she might return hers" Mother assured.

"I can try. But now I got to get back" I said.

"Take care of her and her family too. Farewell my son" Mother started to fade away.

I shed a happy tear for speaking with my mother again for years, "Farewell mother" I said with a few tears before heading back. I have to tell Amy how I feel for her but I get too shy and nervous because I don't know if she has any romantic feelings for me. But I have to stay strong right now. Then I'll have a talk with father later.