I Hate Water

(Sonic's POV)

For dinner I was having chili dogs. I almost lost control of myself but I managed to act casual and normal for Amy. I'm guessing that women don't like seeing men eating food like a pig. It would not be cool to do that. If I want to be like myself I have to be like a person than a wild animal.

"So what have you learned in town before you met me again?" Father asked me.

"A lot. I met a friend of Amy that was a chipmunk and squirrel mix" I said.

"A chipmunk hybrid?" Dad was curious.

"Yup, her name is Sally Acorn" I said.

"She's a childhood friend of mine" Amy said.

"I see. Anything else?" He wanted to hear more.

"Well, I learned more of Amy's family history too" I continued.

"Interesting. Like what?" He asked.

"She grew up with her grandmother and cousin after her parents passed away" I said.

"Yeah. And ever since I met Sonic a month ago, I thought that the legendary story was gonna be the same but it didn't" Amy said.

"It turned out the werehog falls in love with red riding hood" Rob said.

"True" Amy's grandmother chuckled.

"Looks like we should make our legendary story true" I said, since Amy's grandma wrote the story about it her childhood.

"Yes, it could be a sequel to my story you could say" Amy's grandma said.

"I agree. So it can show the ancestors getting along" I said.

"And descendants" Amy said.

"Yes, that the descendants knows how the ancestors gets along after their own" I put it together.

"But everyone believes that werehogs don't exist. They only believe it exists in fairy tales" My dad said.

"Then what do we do? Reveal ourselves for the public?" Grandpa said.

"Even though I hate hiding but werehogs should not reveal themselves to normal people in public. Some people might think werehogs are just movie actors in costumes" I said.

"But think if they try to pull the mask off young man. And they realize we're real" Grandpa said with a smug grin.

"Or real make-up and dyed fur" I said.

"Oh, right. Well they wouldn't attack a werehog who is old but not defenseless" Grandpa said.

"Nope because attacking or killing old creatures is wrong" I said.

Grandpa nods before Amy had something to say, "No one should attack monsters before they get to know" She said.

"If anyone was very....what's a good word? Insightful?" I said.

"Yes, insightful. Anyone can be very insightful" Amy said.

"Yes. Well not everyone" I said.

"I really enjoyed your family dinner, Mrs. Rose. But now I gotta go do my nocturnal stuff" My father said.

"Father, please don't hunt prey or people. You made a promise" I said, being serious with him.

He smiles at me and gave me a hug, "Anything for my blue boy. Gonna stick to fish" He said.

"I'm glad you agreed with me, father" I said before he headed out with grandpa.

"And we'll be sure to watch out for poachers, young boy" Grandpa said.