Sanity Never Lost

(Amy's POV)

I can't think straight. I couldn't decide what to do. Take Blue away from the fight or help Sonic and his father? Come on, Amy! Think! Sonic and his father are not in their werehog forms and I know that fighting an undead werehog is gonna be very bloody. I can't let them die.

"I'm going back in" I said.

"Amy you can't! It's too dangerous!" Blue objects.

"We can't leave them! And they're not in their werehog forms!" I said.

Blue sighs, knowing that there's no other choice, "Okay, but try to outsmart my father" He said.

"Wait, I still can't leave you here by yourself" I took out my iPhone and called my cousin Rob to come find us, "Come on, Rob. Pick up!" I said.

"Amy?" He answered.

"Rob, no time for questions. Bring your bow and arrows! Find me in the forest! Like now!" I said.

"I'm on my way!" Rob said before he hung up.

"My cousin is on the way. I should make a camp fire so that Rob can find the smoke signal" I said, looking to find some sticks to make fire.

"Here, use this" Blue handed his cane.

"That's kind of you but your cane needs you more" I said and handed the cane back to him.

"Okay" He held his cane.

Few minutes of finding sticks and a flint stone rock, I made a camp fire. While waiting for Rob to come; I was in my train of thoughts of what Sonic and his father are doing right now. I'm really worried about them because they aren't in their werehog forms and I know that fighting as hedgehogs is gonna be very hard. I don't know how long the new moon will change its phase.

Blue and I were still waiting for Rob and we are miles away from the old abandoned cottage.

(Sonic's POV)

He's just too strong! We need to use more than spindashes. Fighting as a hedgehog is like fighting like a man. I still have my speed but I'm getting exhausted, "AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!" I yelled as I used my homing attack at my ancestor. Damn it! I'm breathing too hard from using too much of my homing attacks! Suddenly, he grabs me and pulled me into a bear hug, "AAAGGGGHHH!!!! LET GO OF ME!" I felt his grip tighten, anytime soon he might break all my bones! If I had my sharp teeth I could bite hard to break free but I can't! Come on, moon! Change your phase! Please! I looked out the window as I was being squeezed hard and saw the moon changing its phase. Come on! Come on! I'm about to feel my ribs break any second now!

"Sonic! Hang on!" Father jumped onto my great grandfather's back and hung on to allow me to break free, "I can't hold on for long here!" He shouted.

"GRRRRR!!!!" Great Grandfather managed to let go of me and I recovered my breathing.

"Dad....the moon......is changing" I said between my hard breathing.

The moon outside started to change its phase into a waxing crescent moon; both me and my father started to change. In a few moments we both became werehogs again.

"AAAAARRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOO!!!!" We howled.

"BRING IT ON GRANDPA!!!" Father snarled at my ancestor.

That only made my Great Grandpa really pissed. But we both were not gonna surrender the fight but stand and take him down once and for all. We both ran at him and punched or clawed him. I clawed him in the face; just like a bear did to me on my chest. Then I clawed him on the back and kicked him.

"HEADS UP!" I warned my father. He saw my ancestor coming at him and he uppercuts him. But then my ancestor grabs my father's throat and strangled him! I was about to attack when suddenly an arrow struck my ancestor's back, causing him to drop my father. I turned around and there stood Rob holding his bow.

"Sorry for taking so long, bud" Rob said.

"Rob! You're just in time!" I grinned.

Rob nods and loads another arrow, "Your girlfriend is here to help too" He said.

"Hell yeah!" Amy came in wielding a large hammer in her hands. A hammer? I never saw one of those things.

"Let's finish this!" I came back to my senses and we both charged at my ancestor.

(Amy's POV)

Sonic and I ran towards the ugly beast. I'm happy that Sonic and his father are still alive but the ancestor is still not gonna give up yet. I swung my hammer at him twice while Sonic leaps at his ancestor to use his claws. I whacked my hammer at the ancestor's face.

"AAAARRRRROOOOO!!!!" The beast howled in pain but also in anger.

"Come on, beast! FIGHT!" I taunt him and held up my hammer in defense. Just then, I saw something in his eyes; it was like he's crying out for help or unable to regain his sanity. This doesn't make any sense!

"What is it?" Sonic asked.

"It seems like his inner self is crying out for help" I said.

"You mean a part of his sanity is still there?" He asked in perplexed.

"It's possible. Look out!" I screamed.

The ancestor strikes his fist at the floor near us but we ducked in time, "HYAAAAHH!!!!" Sonic grabs onto his back and threw him.

This creature can't regain his sanity because his insanity is controlling his mind. I don't know if he's really trapped in there but I think he's suffering from his savage side; unless....something made him go savage in the first place. I need answers about his past but I don't know how exactly. The only one that met Sonic's Great Grandfather is my grandma; and....Sonic's grandpa of course.

"Is there a way to stop him?!" I shouted.

"We should kill him!" Sonic's father said.

"No, wait! We need to know why he's not at peace and how he went savage in the first place!" I said.

"How?! My grandfather has no records of his history!" Sonic's father said.

"Um, actually he does. I accidently took his journal from his remains. Which I shouldn't have did that to wake him up" Sonic held out an old brown leathery journal book.

"Yes but read quick!!" Sonic's father said.

"Not now! Let's end this!" Sonic said and we all three of us used our attacks to knock out the ancestor, by both hammer and fists. It knocked him out but not for long.

"Let's go!" I said.

All three of us, including Rob ran out of the cottage before the ancestor regains consciousness.

-

It didn't take long when we made it back to my grandma's house. Sonic and his father only had a few cuts but they weren't bleeding that much right now, "Don't ever scare me like that again! I almost lost you again!" I hugged Sonic.

"Easy Ames! I couldn't let Dad fight alone" Sonic said.

"I know but I couldn't leave both of you" I said.

"Don't forget you brought me in" Rob said, placing his bow aside.

"Now son, show me that journal" Jules requested Sonic to show us the journal.