Forgiveness

(Amy's POV)

That morning I was in my thoughts of how close we were to kiss last night. I feel my heart warm up by the thought and saw Sonic still asleep. I scooted up to him and pet his quills. I wonder if hedgehog and werehog can go together as romantic lovers. There's no rule against it. I think. Then I heard Sonic woke up with a groan.

"Morning Ames" Sonic groaned.

"Morning Sonikku" I said sweetly.

He got on all fours like a dog and stretched his arms and legs. I couldn't help but giggle at how cute he was in that position, "Slept well?" I asked him.

"Yeah, and for sure you remember when we almost kissed?" Sonic blushed.

"Eh, yeah" I blushed at that thought too.

Just then, a wild dove flew into my open window and landed on Sonic's head, "Coo coo coo" The dove looked around while Sonic has a shocked look.

"Get off my head, pigeon. My head is not a bird's nest" Sonic growled lowly.

"That's no pigeon, Sonic. It's a dove" I said to him.

"Oh, it's hard to tell them apart. Please don't let it poop on my head" Sonic whimpered like a dog.

"Shoo! Shoo! Fly!" I waved at the dove and it flew out the window, "Birds" I chuckled.

"Man, when it comes to birds I get a little annoyed when they leave their feathers all over the place" Sonic said.

I agreed and scoot closer to him, "I know but not all birds are annoying" I said.

"True. Anyways, I feel like having delicious berries again" Sonic said with his tail wagging.

"Okay" I picked up the basket to go out with him to pick berries.

(Sonic's POV)

Amy was wearing her pink shirt, blue leggings jeans, and her red boots. And of course, her red hooded cloak. We both headed out in the woods to find some fresh blue berries. But there are other berries as well. And I have to keep an eye on Amy because I don't want other dangerous predators to attack her. My ears have very sharp hearing to alert me when there's danger around. I then heard Amy humming to herself. That made me feel too happy to hear her beautiful voice; same way how my mother used to hum to me to help me sleep like a cute little pup. I walked over to her and picked berries alongside her, "You have a beautiful singing voice, Amy" I said.

"Aww....thanks" Amy replied sweetly.

Suddenly, something hit my head hard but the weight was a little light, "OW! What the?!" I looked up that it was a squirrel on the tree that dropped its acorn, "Great, a cute little squirrel" I said sarcastically while rubbing my head. The squirrel squeaks and climbs away. I sigh and look back at Amy.

"You got hit by Sally's tiny cousins?" She joked.

"Ha ha ha, very funny. I just didn't expect a wild squirrel to pop out of nowhere" I chuckled.

"Really? Hehehehe.....By the way the basket is not full yet" Amy said.

"Okay, less talk more berries" I joked.

The last hour we have picked many berries and we decided to have a break on the hills. I ate a few berries like a wolf without eating like a wild animal. For a werehog I don't eat vegetables because my wolf instincts don't like the taste of it. But on the other....paw.....wolves can eat berries.

"Now I wonder if you have an idea for what we can do with these berries. Jam?" Amy asked me for options.

"I dunno, maybe jam" I replied.