Saved By A Wolf

(Grandma Rose's POV)

It is a surprise to me that my granddaughter is getting along with this teenage werehog boy. It's so unlike how the one from my childhood past was very feral and emotionless. But I can see that Sonic is one with emotions and a heart of gold towards Amy. I am so glad he hasn't displayed any aggression.

(Sonic's POV)

As a wolf I was looking at the window of the bright full moon. Every time I look at the full moon it always makes me think whenever I get a little stressed. I always wanna do things for good at day time instead of night time. Because night time is like darkness around me that I can't escape. But when its day time it's like sunlight gives life all around and that's what I like about. Now I wonder if I ever can get to town with Amy without anyone freaking out. I don't want anyone to fear me; I want them to understand me. I mean I get scared of them too because they'll hunt me. Like a monster, but I am just a harmless guy for this family so far. I am also afraid of going savage because the more I live in the wild for too long, the more I'll lose my mentality. So I guess I have to fit into society by now. I have to ask Amy to help me out.

But I have a feeling that she's been gone for too long. She was going shopping at the store again but she hasn't come back. Now I'm starting to get worried and without thinking I ran out the door to find her. I may look like a wolf but husky dogs resemble a little bit like a wolf. I followed Amy's scent but when I got her scent she was a little close in the forest. That's when my ears perk up in alert when I heard a distant scream.

"Amy?" I gasped and went to find where that scream is coming from in the forest.

When I got there I saw a pack of normal wolves attacking Amy and she desperately tried to defend herself from them; they all growled and tried to bite her. I got to help her!

(Amy's POV)

I knew I should've brought Sonic with me as a defender but I didn't! I shouldn't go out at night to go shopping and end up getting attacked by nocturnal predators.

"Arrrooooo!!!" I heard a distant howl. The wolves attacking me suddenly turned to where the howl came from and howled as well. They left to where the howl came from and I was relieved that I'm alive. Then I saw a familiar wolf running up to me and I could tell it was Wolf Sonic.

"Amy, are you okay?" He asked me and sounded very worried.

"I'm okay, Sonic. Thank you so much" I kneeled down and hugged him.

"No worries. I was looking for you" Wolf Sonic said.

"I'm so glad that you came to the rescue, Sonic. How should I reward you?" I said and petted him.

"Well, no need" Wolf Sonic and said walks over to help me pick my groceries. He carried one bag in his mouth and gave it to me.

"Thanks" I took the bag.

"You're welcome" Wolf Sonic said.

-

Soon we arrived back at the house safe and sound. Wolf Sonic placed my grocery bag up at the kitchen counter. When I look at him he is like a gentle dog when he helps me out, "Good boy" I patted his head. He rolled his eyes playfully but he smiled happily.

"When its day again I will resume my werehog shape" Wolf Sonic said.

"Which means that the full moon will be over tomorrow" I said.

"Yup. And able to grasp things with my hands instead of my paws" He said when he waved his paw, "Since my paws have no fingers or opposable thumbs"

"I know. Well I suppose you can't show yourself at town when you're a werehog. Because if people there saw you they'll freak out" I was concerned if Sonic as a werehog showed himself in town.

"Yeah, but I can't hide forever. I've been hiding myself for years and I never experienced civilized life like them" Wolf Sonic sighs solemnly.

I thought of a moment how it can be done. Most wild animals can be domesticated as pets. Since Sonic is a wild werehog but still maintains his normal mentality, maybe he can be domesticated so that his wild instincts won't cause him to get too wild. He's been wild for so long in his life he's never been domesticated. Perhaps I can help him but I don't wanna make him as my pet like that. But to help his wild instincts shift to domesticated instincts.

"I can help you around, Sonic. With domesticating you" I said to him.

"Nuh uh! I'm not gonna be a pet!" He shook his head.

"Not like that, Sonic. To make you less feral and like a real person" I said.

"Right. Of course. But does this mean I have to do what dogs do?" He said.

"Most of it. But it will help you feel less wild. Fetching, training, and playing are like learning to be like a civilized animal but differently" I explained to him.

"Okay then" Wolf Sonic said and walks out of the kitchen.

(Sonic's POV)

The next morning I was back as a werehog again but still wearing the bandages around my chest and arm. I sure hope my wounds have healed well. But I still hate having deep scars, though it's hard to see them because of my fur. I got up and stretched to go outside to see the sun rise. I needed morning sunlight to help me fully wake up. I could hear the birds, critters, and the herbivore mammals eating the grass. I head back inside to see if Amy or her grandmother is awake. And they were as they were having breakfast at the kitchen.

"Good morning, Sonic" Amy saw me.

"Good morning" I replied.

"Morning, Sonic. I heard about when you saved my granddaughter from the wolves last night" Amy's grandma said with a proud smile.

"Yes I did" I smiled.

"How did you do anyway?" She asked me, wanting to know how I saved Amy.

"Well, I just howled to get the wild wolves' attention so they ran away" I explained.

"Wow, that was smart thinking" Amy's Grandma said.

"Thanks. Well, I suppose I owe Amy one" I said.

"Nope, I do" Amy said.

I got to the table to have breakfast.

-

After breakfast, Amy and I head out for a walk in the forest, "I'm guessing that I'll play fetch again?" I asked.

"Yes, are you ready Sonic?" Amy gave me a smug smirk and picks up a stick, "See the stick? See the stick? FETCH!" She said playfully.

As soon as I saw the stick I got on all fours crouching and my tail wagged rapidly and I had my tongue out panting, "Hah, hah, hah!"

She threw the stick and I ran after it in full speed and I came back with the stick in my mouth.

"Good boy" She said and I hand the stick to her, "So instead of chasing after prey, you fetch the stick" She said.

"Got it" I nodded and she prepared to throw the stick again. I saw her throw it further and I ran after it in full speed and found it again.