Kindness

(Sonic's POV)

The pink hooded hedgehog treated my injuries and took care of me all day. No one has ever helped me for years or gave me hospitality. Now I really hope her grandmother will accept me since I'm nothing like my werehog ancestor who ate her alive. I mean my father once told me the story about his grandfather but I was not able to understand because I was a young kid. He wanted me to follow my Great Grandfather's footsteps but I refused. I still look a little bit like my ancestor but my personality is nothing compared like him because I had my mother's kindness. I don't know why he even bothered to swallow two innocent people. Oh, now I hear someone coming. I looked and saw it was no other than Amy's grandmother who seemed regretful of not trusting me.

"I know what you're gonna say. 'What big teeth you have' and 'What big claws you have' and 'What big bad wolfie face you have.' I know you don't trust me because my face reminds you of my Great Grandfather. And of course, in bed like a disguised grandmother. Which I'm not" I sigh and waited to hear what she has to say.

"No, it's about what Amy said about you. You are different from the one who attacked me and my grandmother" Amy's grandma said.

"And?" I wanted more answer.

"And I'm sorry for misjudging you. My granddaughter was right about you after you got injured by a bear" she said.

I looked at her and it looked like she was very sorry, "Apology accepted" I said.

That's when Amy came upstairs and saw me talking to her grandma, "Is everything all right?" Amy asked us.

"Yes, Amy dear. I just got Sonic's apology. Now I leave you two alone for the moment" Her grandmother said and left the room.

"I see you didn't eat my grandmother" Amy teased me.

"Amy you know I never eat people" I said and rolled on my side.

"I never forgot that, Sonic. I was just teasing. So how are you feeling right now?" She asked me.

"Better. I guess I owe you one" I said with a weak smile.

Amy smiles back and sat on the edge of the bed, "That's good. And it's almost dinner time and I thought that you might want something to eat downstairs in the kitchen. But I just wanna know if you can walk okay?" She asked.

"I'll try" I got up from the bed and carefully went down the stairs with Amy who held me incase if I fall. I could tell by the scent it is chili dogs, "I smell chili dogs" I said, controlling my excitement.

"Yup" Amy said and headed to the kitchen with me. Rob and Amy's grandma were at the table already.

"Ah, you're finally awake. The name's Rob" Rob introduced himself to me.

"I'm Sonic" I introduced myself to him.

"Nice, and Amy told us you like chili dogs, right?" Rob asked me.

"Yup, chili dogs are my favorite food" I took one chili dog.

"Enjoy" Amy said.

(Amy's POV)

After having chili dogs, Sonic and I went outside sitting on the garden chairs. We saw the sun setting down a little, making the daylight sky turn red-orange, "Sonic, how was your life during your childhood?" I asked Sonic about his past.

"Well....it starts out great when my parents and I lived in a den like wolves. My father wasn't that kind to me and he wanted me to follow my Great Grandfather's footsteps but I refused. My mother filled me with kindness which I really liked" He said but then sighs in sadness, "One day, my mother died of sickness and my father forced me to leave her behind. And he tried to raise me to be mean and savage but I was too young and naïve because my kindness was too strong against my father's nature. No matter how hard he tried to raise me, he gave up and abandoned me when I was 7 years old" He explained to me.