Chapter 12-Acceptance

What would she do now? There was no way to get back to rose, the titans are everywhere. She wouldn't make it past the first village without being devoured.

The only way she had even a small chance of making it back to wall rose was if the Scouting Legion came through this forest. She would be able to make it back with them most likely. That plan at least had a 50% chance of survival, unlike getting back on her own. The only way it would work though is if they even bothered to come to this forest in the first place, which was unlikely.

They would want to get to Shiganshina to try to close the breech, and in order to do that they need to leave Trost, the closest district to it. All of that sounds reasonable and good, but the one with a problem is her. This forest is closer to the Karnesse District than it is to Trost. So the only way they would ever come close to the forest is if they left the Eastern district of Rose instead of the Southern. (The eastern is Karnesse and southern trost for y'all who don't know).
Looks like I'm stuck out here.

When she thought about it, it wasn't as horrible as first anticipated. The chance of a titan reaching her was slim to none, and she had most of the essentials she needed to survive. The refugees in rose would probably be starving. There was a small food shortage already, and she's sure that losing 1/3 of the land did not help in any way. Those people would have no home and be living in crowded spaces.

She had a whole forest to herself, a good shelter that is even out of reach of the titans, a constant food supply, and all the water she could drink. Maybe being out here wasn't so bad after all...

The sound of running water was the one thing that pulled her from the inner coils of her mind. In front of her bubbled a crystal clear stream of the liquid. The suns light reflected wonderfully off of the substance and Kitsune couldn't help but feel her thirst grow at the sight.

Sliding off of her mount she watched him move his head closer to the liquid before taking some for himself. Taking a look at her hands she crouches next to the bubbling stream and dipping the appendages into the chilly water she sighed in relief. The chill that shot through her body felt good... no, better than good. She needed this.

Once her hands were thoroughly cleaned she scooped up some water and drank. She drank to her hearts content, relishing in the crispness of the liquid paradise. Never had anything tasted so refreshing and cleansing.

When her thirst had been thoroughly quenched she hefted her body into a standing position and stayed there. Violet eyes scanned the forest around her, analyzing her new home.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all.