Chapter Eight

Nightmare growled, Cross tensing up. He was actually kinda afraid of how Nightmare would react to what he just heard.

"Zoie... Leave us..." Nightmare ordered. The small girls ears dropped and she hopped away from the two.

Even when she was gone, Cross didnt turn to face Nightmare. Everything was telling him not to move or look at the king.

"What happened?" Nightmare asked, Cross shrinking down a bit at the slight anger in his voice. "Z-zoie kept-" "Face me when I talk to you!"

Cross quickly turned, surprised to see Nightmare actually had hurt shining in his gaze. "Sir, Zoie kept i-insisting I loved you, so I told her the truth," He stuttered a bit.

"That's the truth then? For your information, Im free to make whoever I want queen," Nightmare told him. "And my truth is, sure, yeah, I was crushing on you a little bit, but forget it..."

Nightmare left the room and Cross just ended up staring in shock at the door. Nightmare had a crush on him? And he didn't realize?!

"N-nightmare! Wait!" He called out, running out to attempt to catch up to him. He wouldn't be able to do anything if Nightmare remained angry and upset.

However Nightmare was nowhere to be seen. He walked off towards his room, upset and tired.

As he got in the door he quickly closed it, pressing his back up against it and sighing. He was still surprised by what Nightmare said.

"Crushing on me? But why? How am I special?" He questioned out loud. Perhaps it was due to all the times he has saved Nightmare?

Surely he wasn't handsome in Nightmares eyes? Maybe he likes how loyal and respectful he was? He didn't get it...

Cross sat down on his bed, setting his dagger aside. He looked out at the moon for a moment. He ended up thinking of Nightmare once again.

It wasn't going to leave his mind anytime soon... It was just a large shock to him... He sighed and laid down, staring at his ceiling.

He picked up his extra pillow and threw it at the ceiling out of boredom. It came back and it him in the face.

He didn't move it, instead he held it there. It was his attempt to block out the rest of the world, along with all his thoughts.

He heard what sounded like a guard knocking on the door and he groaned. "What is it?" He called out, not in the mood to get up.

"There's an intruder hidden somewhere within the castle, Nightmare requests your pro-" Before the guard could finish he had grabbed his dagger and opened the door.

He quickly made his way down the hall towards Nightmares throne room. The faster he got there, the safer Nightmare was.

Upon entering, Cross saw he was talking with a small group of guards. Soon they rushed off and Cross joined Nightmares side.

Nightmare said nothing and silence found its way between them. After a few moments Cross spoke. "Uh, how did you find out there was an intruder?"

"Its Ink... A guard saw him, they are all out searching the castle... We should head to Dusts cell, Ink will look for him," Nightmare answered.

"Nightmare? You're not mad at me at all for earlier, are-" "That doesn't matter right now Cross!" Cross stepped back as Nightmare glared at him.

"But... I'm not mad. I cant expect you to feel the same," Nightmare sighed, moving towards the door. Cross couldn't help but feel bad.

He followed after Nightmare and they went down to Dusts cell. He looked towards them with amusement. "Back again?"

"Yeah, your 'help' has arrived..." Cross growled, an angered look on his face. Dust laughed lightly. "Oh, they've been here for a while..."

"How would you know that?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at Dusk. "Because our plan worked!"

Right when he said that a wave of bright light surrounded them. Nightmare hissed from the sudden light and his vision went blind.

Cross squinted and turned around, seeing that they were surrounded by a group of AUs. Out of pure instinct, he charged at one.

They let out a small yell and tumbled down to the ground. Cross recognized them as Fell and quickly raised his dagger to attack them.

However before he could harm anyone, he was dragged off of Fell. He kicked his legs backwards, hitting his captor in the knees. They let go but he was instantly grabbed again by Blueberry.

He attempted to fight all of them. He did manage to hurt a few of them until he heard another voice. "Cross enough!" He instantly stopped upon realizing it was Nightmare.

He turned to see a girl was holding a knife to Nightmares throat. He realized it was some worlds Chara and growled.

He stopped what he was doing and let them hold him captive. Ink soon made his way through the group, opening Dusts cell with some keys he stole.

"Round up whoever you find... Preferably alive, remember that Fell, Dust," Ink told them, narrowing his eyes at the two.

"Chara, let me shackle him..." Ink told her, pulling out magic resisting handcuffs from his pocket. Cross growled and glared at him.

Once the shackles were on him Chara pushed Nightmare into a cell. She looked over at Cross next. "Him too?"

"Yes... Keep them together... From what I've heard, Cross will kill anyone that stands between him or Nightmare... Let's not be the ones to separate them," Ink answered, grabbing more handcuffs.

Cross said nothing as they were attached to his hands. He just thought about the groups deaths. They would pay for this.

He was pushed into the cell with Nightmare and the door quickly closed.