Chapter Fifteen

Once things had settled down and everything had gone back to the way it was before, Cross went to the throne room to meet Nightmare.

He was sitting on his throne, talking with Fell and Chara. "Nightmare, sir, everything is-" "Crooooss, how many times do I have to remind you? You don't have to be so formal!" Nightmare interrupted.

Cross just cast him an unamused look as Fell and Chara chuckled. "Everything is back to normal..." He muttered.

"Good, I have just made Fell and Chara commanders," Nightmare told him, smiling down on the other two.

"The amount of happiness in this room should be killing you," Cross pointed out to Nightmare. "Honestly it is rather intoxicating," He admitted.

"Alright you two, allow Zoie to bring you to an empty room!" Nightmare dismissed them.

"Room? No plural? I thought you didn't want me to get distracted!" Fell laughed, causing Chara to hit his arm playfully. The two of them left together.

As the door closed Nightmare turned his gaze to Cross, still smiling. "Even with them gone the room is still so full of emotion," He chuckled.

"Is it?" Cross asked, smiling up at him. That strange feeling had returned, leaving him to feel helpless.

Nightmare stood up and made his way down to Cross. "Yeah, and this time it's not just coming from me."

Nightmare stared, his gaze relaxed and happy. Cross watched as he walked towards him.

The strange feeling was clearly an emotion, proven by the fact Nightmare could sense the feelings.

The feeling got more powerful the closer he got... Love. That's what this strange feeling was. Nothing else would feel so strange and warm.  

Nightmare stopped right in front of him. The two stared at each other for a moment.

It was only broken when Nightmares gaze flashed down to his mouth. A blush spread across Nightmares face.

He wants a kiss... But he's afraid after last time. Cross chuckled slightly, and Nightmare was about to back away.

So Cross grabbed onto his sweater and pulled him back, their faces inches away from each others.

"C-cross?" He questioned, looking at him with pure shock. Cross hummed and pulled him into a kiss.

Their skulls bumped rather roughly from the impact but they ignored it, preferring to enjoy the kiss.

After a few seconds Cross let go of him and pulled away. Nightmare reopening his closed eye and smiling.

"Does that mean you love me?~" Nightmare asked, dipping his head and blushing. "Maybe," Cross chuckled.

"Well, if it does, I love you too Cross..." Nightmare purred, pulling Cross into a close hug.

"I told you!!!" The high pitch squeal yelled from the door. They ignored Zoie and continued hugging.

"I'd give my life for you..." Cross whispered to Nightmare. "I know you would..." He whispered back.

What a day... A great day...