Chapter Nine

Nightmare was sitting in the corner, a angry look on his face. Cross had never seen the king so... Unroyal...

Cross paced back and forth, ignoring Chara, who was guarding their cell. He realized she was older than most Charas...

He watched Nightmare closely.

Soon he stopped bothering to waste energy and sat beside Nightmare. He paused and cast Nightmare a look.

He was staring right back at him. He grew nervous and looked away from Nightmare. He had failed to protect him...

"Nightmare...? I'm sorry..." Cross whispered, Nightmare simply shaking his head. "How were we supposed to predict that ambush? It's not your fault," Nightmare growled.

Cross scanned Nightmares handsome figure trying to figure out his emotion. Wait. Did he just think Nightmare was handsome?

That was unusual... He had never thought like that before... Cross was about to say something when they were interrupted.

"Hey Chara, found another prisoner for ya," Fells dark voice chuckled. Cross questioned how Ink managed to get the strange group he had. Most were dangerous people...

"Who do they have? I can't see well in this bright light..." Nightmare growled, squinting his eye.

Cross focused on Fell and he came down the stairs. In his arms was Zoie, kicking in an attempt to escape his grasp.

"Zoie!" He called to her, getting the girls attention. She quickly turned her gaze to the two. "Wanna join your friends?" Fell asked.

He opened the cell and pushed her in. Closing it before turning to Chara.

"Cross, Nightmare! Thank god you two are alive!" Zoie sighed in relief, making her was over to the two. She was limping slightly.

She sat on the other side of Cross and he attempted to examine her leg. Perhaps she had just twisted it. "Fells about to be stupid" She then whispered.

Fell had a sly smirk on his face as he talked with Chara. Fell spoke in a low tone so he couldn't hear all his words.

"Fell... What do you want..." Chara asked, unamused. Cross could easily catch onto what Fell was trying to do and knew this was going to be amusing.

Fell was a womanizer, literally everyone knew it. Cross didn't even have a reason to know, but he does.

"Well sweetheart, a was trying to make conversation. But now that you ask, there is something that I want," Cross could tell Fell was going to be slapped by the end of this.

Chara clearly wasn't interested in what Fell was doing. She looked away from him mostly. Zoie, the girl who can sense a relationship from a mile away was watching the two closely.

"I want you~" Fell whispered, pinning Chara against the small section of wall in between the cells. Charas face was flushed and she looked angry.

"Boy if you want her, you're doing it wrong..." Zoie whispered to Cross again. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly.

Chara was lightly pushing on Fells chest. "Why don't you go find another girl?" She asked him. Fell chuckled in response.

Nightmare couldn't see Fell and Chara but he rolled his eye anyway. His attention was stolen by Cross and Zoie whispering to each other and laughing quietly.

He moved towards them until he was pressed against Cross. He had of course gotten jealous of the two.

"I don't want any other girl~" Fell purred, actually trying his best at this point. Wow, the guy was disparate.

Cross turned towards Nightmare, who had pressed himself against him. Cross blinked at him a few times, unsure of what he wanted.

Then Nightmares tentacles wrapped around him slightly and Nightmare rested his head on Cross' shoulder.

Cross' face lit up in a blush.

"Fell, you seriously want EVERY girl..." Chara pointed out, Fell shaking his head and pressing up to her.

"Do you two mind trying not to have sex in front of our cell?" Cross finally interrupted the twos pointless moment.

Chara blushed even more and Fell just shrugged. "Alright. Fine!" He said, grabbing Chara by the hand and pulling her into the cell beside them.

"Cross... Why?" Zoie questioned. "I was enjoying watching Fell attempt anything," She told him, finally turning her gaze towards him.

Her eyes widened when she realized Nightmare had cuddled up to Cross. "Thats adorable..." She muttered. Cross cast her a glare.

"Well, now that the guard is... Distracted... Let's find a way outta here," Cross told them, Zoie standing up and wandering around.

"Cross, with this light I cannot see more than two feet in front of me," Nightmare pointed out, trying to look around.

"That's why I will lead you," Cross answered, blushing as he felt Nightmares tentacles tighten around him.

"We don't need to break out... Just need to get those cuffs off of your hands. Then we can use magic to get us out of here!" Zoie told them, looking around.

"Zoie! You have claws! Try and get these damn things off me!" Cross whisper yelled. Zoie looked at her own tiny claws.

Cross moved his back away from the wall so she could reach his handcuffs. He felt her fiddle around with them.

He looked at Nightmare, who looked surprisingly nervous about this. "My knights would have switched sides by now..."

"It's fine Nightmare... The three of us will just leave and head elsewhere," Cross told him, although he didn't really know where they would go.

"Got it!" Zoie squeaked, the cuffs falling to the ground.

"Quick Cross! Teleport us out of here," Zoie told him, Cross concentrating hard to think of a place he could teleport. If it was to far away his magic would drain.

He realized they were not too far from the gardens and quickly teleported them there.

...

Chara gazed into the empty cell before looking back at Fell. "We are so dead..." She whispered. "Oh yeah..." Fell answered. "Just so we are clear this is your fault-" "Yes. Yes it is. That... I own up to that."