Chapter Fourteen

As the lights flicked out, Dust was just about to reach Cross... But suddenly Dust was shot backwards by Nightmares tentacles acting like a whip and shooting him back away from Cross.

The guards looked around at the darkness. Soon their souls will corrupt once again and be loyal to Nightmare.

He was just glad Fell and Zoie managed to get rid of Dream. He pushed the thoughts aside and focused on Dust once again.

He was shaking slightly from Nightmares sudden attack. Cross quickly grabbed his blade and ran at him.

Dust attempted to move out of the way but Cross had tackled him. The two rolled a bit until Cross managed to pin him down.

There was a yell from Nightmare as the guards orange eyes turned red. Cross hadn't noticed the change in the first place, but he assumed that meant they were back in Nightmares control.

As Cross raised the blade above his head, Dust struggled beneath him until a hand was free. He pushed Cross in the side and his attack missed his head by centimeters.

Dust rolled so he was then in control, if Scorch hadn't stopped him anyway.

He stabbed his own sword into his shoulder and he cried out in pain, holding it to try and stop the bleeding.

Dust teleported to the stairs, right in front of the guards. Nightmare chuckled and with a single attack order they moved as a mob and Dusts cries seemed to turn to nothing.

After hearing the sound of him turn to actual dust, Cross backed away and turned to Nightmare. He gazed back at him for a few moments.

"Let's find Fell and Zoie," Chara interrupted them.

******

Fell and Zoie had not killed Dream, just chased him off, in the process they lost the guard and Zoie had been badly injured.

Fell had to pick her up since the cut trailed up her leg and side. Long story short, Dream was a good fighter and his staff was sharp like a sword.

"B-bring me down the hall, I need my healing supplies," Zoie told him, having more knowledge about the situation.

Fell hesitated and nodded, knowing whatever she said was probably for the best. "Tell we where it is..."

She guided him down the hall and to her room. He pushed the door open and placed her down on a small bed that he assumed was for patients.

"What do you need?" Fell questioned, attempting to try and help her. She shook her head. "I'll find what I need!"

She turned and opened a drawer. She pulled out some bottle and bandages. Fell turned upon hearing footsteps.

He assumed the worst, until he heard Cross talking and Chara responding softly. He quickly relaxed and moved out the door.

"Guys!" He called to them. The group quickly turned and they pretty much ran up to him.

He looked over at Chara, looking at the wound on her arm and growling. "You're hurt. Did I not tell you to be careful?"

"Worry about that later. Is Dreams dead? And where is Zoie?" Cross asked instead.

"I'm in here! And Dreams ran! Be more worried about the fact we haven't seen Ink!" She called from inside the room.

Scorch seemed highly interested in what was going on. "When Ink locked me up he mentioned going out to look for you guys," He told them.

"So we came at just the right time?" Zoie questioned. "Until he comes back, yes," Scorch chuckled in reply.

"He will see what happened and run to go find Dream. Plus he won't attack again so soon," Nightmare pointed out.

He turned to Cross. "All the guards should be back to normal... Round them up and give them jobs so we can fix my castle."

"Does that mean its over?" Fell questioned. "It is for now," Nightmare replied, a small smile on his face.

Cross was happy to see him happy again. That feeling in his heart returned and he questioned it.

Perhaps he will talk it over with Zoie after. He bowed to Nightmare and turned to gather up the guards.

"He really is an interesting character, isn't he?" Chara asked, Nightmare watching him go. "He's the perfect character..." He corrected, Fell continuing to fuss over Charas arm again.

Nightmare chuckled.