Chapter Twelve

Fell glared up at Nightmare, Chara pressed to his side. He had the two cornered against the cave wall.

Cross waited for Nightmare to think of something, knowing it will most likely involve him. Zoie was looking between the two... She almost looked concerned.

"I'd use you two as hostages, but if Ink is as serious as I think, he will count heads. Two aren't worth a whole AU," Nightmare growled.

"Perhaps I could simply kill you, make your threat disappear completely," Nightmare chuckled, clearly angry with the two.

"Unless they are willing to work for us!" Zoie jumped in, causing Nightmares head to turn. He looked thoughtful on the idea.

"Work for me or die, which is a better option?" Nightmare asked the two. Cross watched Nightmare glare at them.

The choice was obvious. Only a fool wouldn't work for him, since that meant dying a most likely slow death.

"Y-yes... We will work for you..." Fell spoke for the both of them. He could imagine Charas throat hurt far to much to speak.

"Good," Nightmare chuckled, turning to Cross. "Keep your eye on them," Nightmare whispered to him, patting his shoulder with a tentacle.

He saw Zoie making her way over to them and he quickly stopped her by grabbing her shoulder.

"What do you think you're doing?" Cross asked her, looking between her and the other two who were whispering silently from the corner.

"Helping them, clearly Nightmare hurt Chara. Look at the way she's holding her arm! My jobs healing," She told him, hopping out of his grip.

Nightmare looked uncomfortable with Zoie so close to Fell after what had happened.

"Chara? Can I see that arm?" Zoie asked, Chara looking both suspicious and nervous of the girl.

"I can help!" Zoie insisted, smiling innocently. Fell looked between her and Chara, also seeming unsure about Zoie.

Chara offered her arm, Fell growling under his breath. "Quit the growling," Zoie complained, looking at Charas arm.

"It's just dislocated, a simple fix. This might hurt a bit," She warned. "Wait- Ah!" Chara cried out as Zoie moved her arm a certain way.

Fell snarled and looked about ready to attack Zoie. Cross saw this and grabbed into his dagger. Zoie threw her hands up and backed away.

"Calm down you guys!" She told them, Fell looking over Chara. "Are you hurt?" He whispered. "Yeah, I'm fine, give me some space," She replied, pushing him back.

Chara moved her arm back and forth, sighing in relief. "Thanks..." She muttered, smiling slightly at Zoie.

"Alright. Now tell us, why did you agree to help Ink in the first place?" Nightmare asked, probably wanting to know if they had anything against him.

"Freedom from my abusive world... Freedom. A chance to live in a castle," Fell replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"Pretty much what he said," Chara responded for herself, watching all of them carefully. She seemed less worried about Zoie at least.

"If they released my brother from stone, he will track us soon... Which means a fight," Nightmare growled.

"You are the strongest person in the multiverse... If you see a battle coming, you can fight it," Cross pointed out, walking towards him.

"Fell and Chara can guard-" "Nightmare, they are clearly really bad at that," Cross reminded him. Nightmare chuckling as he realized what he meant.

"Yeah you two... How about you don't distract each other during a job?" Nightmare asked, the two of them blushing slightly.

"Look man, you try spending a month with a really hot person!" Fell complained, narrowing his eyes at Nightmare.

"Try three years, Fell..." Nightmare shot back, causing Cross to give him a confused look.

What? Who? No one even cute has been with Nightmare for three year- oh wait Cross has...

Zoie giggled slightly. "Cross, youre blushing~" She told him. Wait he was?! Damn it!

"Anyway. We will need to fight to get our castle back," Nightmare told them, looking out at the moon.

"With all of us we could get our home back..."