Chapter 1 Memories

Katy's POV

I breathed in the fresh and warm air. The sounds of the water calmed me down. It was variety in comparison to Los Angeles. My right foot just touched the warm sand laying in front of Santa Barbara's beach. It felt so familiar and good. It was my free time after my last concert of my Witness World Tour. I loved touring and seeing my Fans but free time was so easy and calming nothing could ever beat it. Nobody else was there. Only a few birds were singing and flying around.

I kneeled down to put my shoes away that still were in my right hand. I entered the clear water with my toes and took a deep breath of the fresh air while I looked into the endless horizont and closed my eyes. It felt so unrealistic simple and I never ever wanted to go away. I remembered me playing with my friends and drinking alcohol for the first time on exactly that beach. It were nice memories.

I opened my eyes again and walked through the water. I looked down to my feet that had light blue nail polish on it. It was my favorite color on my feet. While my thoughts got lost in the vastness of my mind, I got deeper into the water so my yellowish dress got wet. But I actually didn't care about it. I just enjoyed the silence.

After a while I got out of the water and sat down in the sand. My still wet knees got sandy and my legs began to prickle. I embraced my knees with my arms and looked to the boulders. Waves began hitting against them and water splashed up. It became more windy so my shoulder long blond hair began to fly around. They began hitting my face but I still didn't care. The atmosphere was too amazing to think of my hair. Anyways I started to hate my hair a while ago. People started judging me and it was hard to ignore their words. You always have to pretend like you dont care but actually it hurts if the whole world talks about your new hairstyle and nobody actually likes it.

A while passed and I started to get out my phone out of my purse. I tipped in the code and opened spotify to listen to some music. I put my headphones in and started a random playlist. I didn't really listened to the music and still looked into the widens of the ocean after a song caught me by a certain someone I haven't seen for a while. I quietly sang along to the song which name was Praying. I kinda remembered the lyrics and thought about the person singing the song. It was Kesha my old friend. I haven't seen her for a long time. My memories of the night we met got back in my head. I was couch surfing again and knocked on a door. That 17 year old girl opened and smiled cheeky. We had so much fun together. She is one of the persons that I wont forget.

Lost in my mind and the music I listened to I didn't notice Shannon who was coming behind me. She stood behind me for a while and watched me before sitting down next to me in the now colder sand. A fresh breeze let both of us shiver.

'Hi Kate.' Shannon breathed. She looked exhausted and had dark circles under her eyes. Her warm smile made me smile too.

'Hi Shan what are you doing here?'

'Well, after you left for a walk I got bored and yeah I missed you and wanted to know what you were doing. I hope it's ok?'

'Of course.' I answered and looked back to the water. It still hit the rocks with a lot of power. So free and unconcerned. 'You know what?' I started after a long pause.

'What you wanna tell me?' Shannon asked in excitement.

'I wanna meet Kesha... I haven't seen her for so long you know.'

'Oh yeah, well she is on Tour now I think.'

'Why do you know that?' I looked at her quizzical. 'You scare me.' I added with a laugh.

'I don't know just heard it from whispers on the street.' She raised her eyebrows and made a funny face. I giggled after turning away from her. Then it was silent. It wasn't that awkward silence, it was a nice and comfortable silence. 'Honey I am hungry.' Shannon finally broke the silence and her tummy rumbled. She put her left hand on it like she was pregnant.