Chapter 8 Talking

Katy's POV

I woke up in a white room. On the walls were some wooden shelves. Besides me was a mashine and a bag with liquid. In the middle of the room stood my bed with me in it.

'Congratulations Mrs Hudson!' A doc said that came in. 'Everything went good for you the transplantation was fantastic.'

'I am thirsty.' I said and tried to smile.

'Yeah this infusion gives you liquid. We'll take you to your room now. You have to take some rest.'

'Where's Grace?'

'Well we had some complications.'

'You had what?' I said and sat up in my bed. I felt a pain in the lower part of my stomach.

'Miss Hudson please lay down again.'

'I'm not going to do anything if you don't tell me what's wrong.'

'She lost a lot of blood. That's not good for patiens with leukemia.'

'And what's happening to her now?' I asked and layed down again.

'Miss Hudson she will be alright.' He said with a calmed voice. I nodded and felt again that pain in my stomach. 'Everything's alright?'

'Yes.' I lied a smiled a croocked smile.
Alright call someone if you feel any pain. And please stay in bed.'

'Yes. Can you take me to my room now?'

'Yeah sure.' He said and pushed me through the white painted floor.

'Am I allowed to see her?'

'See Grace? No not yet she is not ready for visitors and you have to stay in bed too.'

I sighed. Anyway I was in my room then. My stuff was still in Grace's roomI tried to sleep because I was really exhausted.

After a 3 hours long sleep I woke up. Everything was like before. I thought about Grace and my family and friends. They still didn't know about me and Grace and that I gave her a kidney. I got a bad certain.

Then a nurse came in. It was Liz. She smiled and had a clippboard under her arm.

'Hi Katy! I see you're awake. How are you?'

'Hi Liz hum I am fine but whats with Grace?'

'She is better now.'

'Thanks God!'

'Yeah she had luck like a guardian angel.'

'Yeah...She has one. Can I see her?'

'Katy your body has to rake some rest.'

'Please.'

'Nope. Sorry I can't.'

'Then...Can I stay with her in one room? You know then I have my rest and I am there for her.'

'I am so sorry but Grace is on intensive care. Yesterday was an exeption.'

'Alright.'

'I am really sorry. I have to leave now. See you later.'

'Yeah it's ok. See you.' I said and Liz left. I was really disappointed and didn't know what to do. These rooms are so boring. I think everybody gets sick of them the first minute they see them.

So I thought. Like I always did when I had nothing to do. These thoughts were not always good. Some accusations or just bad thoughts that made me unhappy. Today there were more accusations. They were like "You don't even know her why did you just give her a part of your body.' I didn't want to think like that. She was my daughter and I loved her more than myself. I don't care about not knowing her.