High School ain't for the Weak

CHAPTER 4

The clocked ticked more slowly that could have been possible. School should be finished by now but it was only the period before lunch and right then I was just happy to be out of Mr. Douglas' class soon. Not to be mean or anything but the guy creeped me out. He taught us Biology and when he explained the reproductive systems he turned towards me and winked several times.

What's that supposed to mean?

"Ok so class your first assignment for the semester will be to make a structure of a mother's womb at the baby's sixth stage of life. You are allowed to come up with any idea but this will be a paired assignment so I'd like to call the names now." He started to call the names but I couldn't care less all I wanted to make sure was that I wasn't paired with Keira or Rhys. I'd just rather be with someone I didn't even know then be with one of them.

"Miss Aspere you will be paired with Mr. Kenton." I heard Mr. Douglas say towards me. I scanned across the room to see a tall blond boy wave at me who I saw through his tight white shirt muscular, washboard abs but it was his smile that made my heart flutter. The perfectly rounded lips grinned revealing his dazzling white teeth.

"Miss Deem you will in fact be paired with Mr. Lovington." I saw Keira from the corner of my eye wink at hys. The irony that those two would be paired, they'd probably just make a real baby than do a structure and call it an 'A'.

Thankfully the bell rang for lunch and I flew out my chair and sped down the corridor, ignoring the crazy stares people were giving me. A girl snorted from her locker and I was about to tell her something when I bumped into another one and we both fell on the floor while her papers scattered all over. It was the Candice girl from last night

I quickly bent down embarrassed and helped stack them back together, "I'm s-so sorry." I stuttered out as we both stood up. I passed her the papers and she gave me a genuine smile.

"No problem."

I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. She probably wanted to run away as far from me as possible after my ordeal with her friend last night.

"So how's your first day going?" She asked as we walked down the corridor towards the cafeteria. I noticed as her hair reflected off the sunshine coming in through the window, which fell loosely behind her back. Her body was also what any girl envied for and the mini skirt and button up top she wore made it show.

"Actually it's been a shit show. It sucked so far."

"Oh. Well your day's about to be better since you bounced into me," She giggled at me and from out of the corner of her eye winked.

"Hey Candy!" Keira called from a crowded table and urged with her hand for Candy to come. She waved back and pulled me with her.

"I don't really think this is such a good idea..." I started but then Keira glare towards me made me choke. Mark and Rhys were also included in the group around the table and Rhys looked like his first day of school was going exceptionally well. Two girls were sitting next to him, one on each side and with their giddy grins were trying to flirt with my fiancé but of course I couldn't care less even though I wanted to smack their silly grins right off. Don't ask me why though.

"Hey guys!" Candice greeted them as they stared in our direction. Mostly in my direction with angry glares from girls and cocky grins from boys I didn't even know.

"Look its Miss Gorgeous and my Biology partner!" The same tall blond boy exclaimed, leaning against the table with one arm wrapped around Keira and the other wrapped around some slut, he almost looked like he was trying to act cool but was failing miserably.

"Aren't you a sweetie,Brandon." Candice replied to the boy and turned towards Keira.

"Um sorry hun, but there's only space on the table for Candy." Keira said towards me a little too loudly.

"Oh," I tried to mask my disappointment.

"I'm pretty sure we could make space for her," I loved that Candice was trying to have me included, "or we'll just go and find somewhere else to eat."

Kiera screwed up her face, "you rather eat with her than your best friend?"

Keira and Candice were best friends? That's hard to believe, I thought to myself as Candy was contemplating. They were just so different from each other.

Keira acted how she dressed in school, with skimpy clothes and no respect for her body. Don't get me wrong, her personality may have made up for it. A side I hadn't experienced though. I was willing to give her the benefit of doubt.

"Actually you know what, I think I will hang out with Kacey...because at least she's not acting like a bitch." Candice corrected Keira, exposing her for the real bitch she was. The expression plastered on Keira's face was priceless. It looked like she wanted to smack both of us in the face. "Let's go Kace."

We turned around and I allowed her to direction me.

"Well I'm coming too." Brandon chimed in and jumped away from the table, running until he caught up with us. Candice glanced towards him and a slow smile spread across her face.