Wedding Day

Wedding

I imagined my wedding day as the best day of my life. The day I was going to marry the love of my life. The day I'd share my future with someone for the rest of my life. This day being years later, not today.

Today I felt miserable.

"Updo, or out?" The hairdresser asked me as she combed through the knots.

"I don't care," I mumbled dismally.

"It's your wedding day hun, sound a little more enthusiastic," she encouraged, squeezing my shoulder. I hated that this stranger thought she could tell me what I should and shouldn't feel. As if weddings were always supposed to be the happiest day of your life. People like her who always had a comment and felt it was okay to barge into people's personal life made me sick.

"Like I said," I stressed, "I don't care do whatever you want to my hair."

That shut her up and she got back to work. She didn't say anything to me for the rest of the time, I didn't either.

My makeup was already done so my only duty was reaching the hotel where both the ceremony and reception were going to take place. It was supposed to be a small amount of people but knowing my family, my mother was going to invite everyone who was important to show off to. The whole thing was an act.

By time I got to the hotel, it was minutes to twelve. The wedding was carded to begin promptly at one.

"Kacey!" Maggie's voice filled my ear as I walked into the hotel room. My excitement was unreal hearing my other best friend's voice after I'd missed it for so long but the heartbreak I was feeling overpowered it.

"Oh Mags," I enveloped her into a hug, clutching onto her tightly, "I missed you so much."

"Me too. I was counting down the days until I could come to Boston. I'm so excited," she grinned as she stepped back to look at me. I wished I could share the same enthusiasm as her, but instead forced a smile back.

"Time to get ready," that was my mom, "we're on a tight schedule."

I saw from the far end of the room Sasha rolled her eyes while mimicking the action of shooting herself in the head. I snickered, receiving a confusing look from my mother which I brushed off.

"You look lovely my daughter," my mom continued, as she helped me step into the dress we'd chosen.

"Thanks mom."

"I just want to say how proud I am of you. Being such a responsible adult and all," I frowned, knowing she couldn't see me from behind. If she only knew what I had planned she'd have a fit. I was sure after this fiasco I'd probably have to find a job and support myself. But as I convinced myself just as I had for the past week, it was my turn to be selfish and find my own happiness. I was not going to spend the rest of my life with someone who couldn't even respect me.

"I'm going to cry," Sasha murmured, her hands by her mouth as she took me in.

"I think I already am," Maggie stuttered, marveling at me, "you are the prettiest person I know Kacey."

"Hey," Sasha protested, tapping Maggie on the shoulder with her hand. Maggie chuckled. My eyes narrowed as I watched the two of them, there was something different there but I couldn't place my finger on it.

"Shall we go?" My mom clapped her hands like she always did as she tried to hustle.

"Yeah," I began feeling sick in my stomach. It took all my strength to remain calm and not give anything away. My legs were trembling so much as we descended down the elevator I was surprised nobody noticed and that I was still erect by time we got to the ground floor.

The hotel lobby was full of guests, all eyes averting my way as we passed approaching the room.

"Where have you been? You guys were almost late, the wedding is about to start," my dad's voice was rushed as he embraced me, "you are so beautiful Kacey, I wish you all the happiness you deserve." From the room I heard music begin to play. My dad slipped inside the room to find his seat. I had told him it didn't make sense walking me down the aisle because of his limp. He'd had it for years from an incident at the basecamp and I knew it pained him to move around so much. I joked he'd slow me down and reluctantly he had agreed even though I knew he was disappointed.

"Goodluck honey," my mom held my hands as she said to me. On both cheeks she gave me air kisses and then squeezing my hands for the last time, she slipped into the room as well.

"Let's get this show on the road," Maggie reved, making her voice sound deeper than it actually was.

First Maggie went in, the both doors opening from somebody on the inside.

Then it was Sasha's turn. She took a deep breath, turned to wink at me and began walking.

And finally mine.

But the problem for everyone else was I never made it through the door. 

_______________________

Sorry this chapter was so short! But I wanted it to end a particular way. If you reached this far, thank you so much for reading xx

Also special thanks to each and everyone who adds this book to their reading list and votes. You rock my world :)

Dipsey