HATE: An Emotion I am

CHAPTER 5

So what happened last night?" Candice asked as we rounded out of the cafeteria and onto the grass. The sky was clear and bright outside, and it wasn't overly hot either.

"Well you know that I'm getting an arranged marriage right?" She nodded and I continued, "Markis my ex boyfriend and I still had feelings for him. The only reason we ended was because he had to leave Florida to come here. I think I had too much to drink last night and that's when things got out of hand." I bent my head down in embarrassment as all three of us sat on the grass below an oak tree which provided us with shade..

"Don't worry those things happen." Brandon comforted, I almost forgot that he was with us and smiled back towards him.

"You both won't understand. You don't have to be forced to get married to someone you don't' want to. I'm having a hard time absorbing all of this" I admitted.

"Well for me it's actually worse," Candice said with a saddened expression.

"What happened?"

"Well you see I moved here last year from New Jersey and trust me I didn't want to even come. The only reason my parents decided to make me move was because they disliked my boyfriend. Actually they more like hated him. But to move across country cause of it, was so extreme. His name was Darren and well he wasn't the best role model in society but at least he was nice to me." Candice grimly smiled.

Brandon soothed her by rubbing her back, as she reflected on the memory.

"But then he started to change as time went on. He would be to busy to call me and whenever I called him he'd say he was on the other line with one of his 'friends'. Then he started asking me for money and a part of me knew it was for drugs but I gave every single time. Yea I know, you probably think I'm gullible but I loved him and I think I still do." Candice finished, a tear escaped from her eye and she quickly wiped it away preventing her makeup from running. Hearing her story made me want to cry and even Brandon was looking a little pained.

"Anyway enough about me...how'd you get stuck marrying Rhys?" Candice asked, "Speaking of the devil himself, prepare yourself because he's coming our way."

I quickly turned around to see Rhys, walking with a certain swagger that made all eyes fall on him. He was the definition of confidence. There was no doubt that nobody in the school would dare try to cross him or they'd be dead. His size and muscular build were enough to intimidate.

"I don't want to speak to this jackass right now." I admitted, pursing my lips.. They both looked to me and then to each other as if they didn't know what to do.

"Kacey"

Rhys' velvety voice echoed in my ear. Hearing my name come from his mouth did things to me I didn't want to admit. "Can you come for a second please."

I inhaled a deep breath and made my numb legs work. I got up giving Candice a confused expression, and turned to face the demon. He motioned me to follow him as we walked towards the gymnesium. The vast room was empty and I was actually glad for some privacy. But at the same time my nerves grew wondering why Rhys was taking me to such a secluded area.

"Yes Rhys?" I asked maybe with a bit too much attitude.

"I'm sorry."

"For?"

"Just for everything," He answered, looking so sincere.

"Why all of a sudden?"

"Because I know that I've hurt you in the past and I want to show you that I've changed because...I think...I love you. All those years apart made me realise I'm ready for you. I think you'll make a great wife."

The room spun as I replayed his words over and over in my head. 'I love you' he'd said and it was too much to process. The logical part of me kicked in though and I knew I could have never trusted Rhys. I wasn't going to be manipulated into believing him so that I'd end up the fool once again.

"I don't believe you." I mumbled and turned around, heading back towards the field where Candice and Brandon were. He prevented me as he put a hand on my shoulder, turning me to face him.

Before I knew what was happening Rhys kissed me.

I don't think he understood the amount of strength he had and a little too forcefully he smashed his lips to mine.I really didn't know what I was supposed to do. I was in complete shock. But reluctantly I let my irrationality take over and decided to live in the moment. His arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer towards him, making every part of my body touch his. He was hungry and I was the main meal.

I unconsciously grabbed a fistful of his hair. Moaning as he kissed down my neck leaving me wanting more. He reached for the hem of my shirt and tugged it over my head. I felt hesitant but ignored the bad feeling nagging at the back of my mind. Moving back to my mouth he stuck his tongue in and I felt him explore every inch, I sucked up the minty taste of his breath. Hungry for more. We were both so hungry.

"Got it Rhys," I heard a giggle form at the back of me. Actually several giggles. I pulled away from Rhys and whipped around. Several clicks broke the silence and I noticed a few students huddling around, including Candice and Brandon. Kiera was busy taking pictures. I was mortified, noticing I was still shirtless and the muse of her photography was me.

"Where's my shirt?" I asked no one in particular searching frantically. Humiliation consumed me and I already felt the salty tears threaten to fall.

"Rhys where's my shirt?" I begged, my voice cracking.

He stood there and watched me smirking. Smirking.

"If you want your shirt, it's right under the Oak tree. And I advise you to go get it quickly because 5th period's bell rang and coach is probably going to walk in here any second. You probably didn't hear it since you were so 'preoccupied'," Kiera's bitter voice rang through my ears.

I bent my head low in embarrassment as I squeezed through the laughing faces. I swore I heard one of them call out 'whore'.

I didn't even look to see who was seeing me run through the field only wearing a bra. I didn't care. I just grabbed my shirt yanked it on and fell to my knees, huddling over as waves of anguish filled me. How could you be so wicked to bully someone you didn't even know. I thought of the students laughing at me. Including Candice and Brandon who were probably in on the whole thing. I hated all of them. I wanted to go back home to Florida.

Most of all though I hated Rhys. I hated him with a passion I wasn't sure I could have tamed. He used me for someone else's payback. He watched me as I died of embarrassment. I vowed I wouldn't let the wedding happen. I was not marrying someone filled with so much pure evil.

The field was clear by the time I finally looked up from my head being in my lap. I knew the ridiculous puffy my face probably portrayed but I couldn't care. My body felt like a heavy laden weight as I tried to stand up to my feet.

I was never coming back here.