Downward Spiral

CHAPTER 7

Days passed and I refused to leave the bedroom. The only person I let in was Mark and I barely could stand seeing him for long periods. He just made sure I had food and water to survive on. I didn't want his company. Far less his emotional support. I was falling in a downward spiral and fast.

I hadn't seen or heard from Kiera thankfully and even though Rhys tried to get through the door several times I refused. He'd figure out how to survive with the same clothes for a few days.

"Kacey, I'm sorry," I heard his voice shout for the millionth time from behind the door, "it's been a week. The wedding's in a week. You have to come out eventually."

I sniffled, letting the tears stream down. I refused to.

"Go away!"

"It was dumb and a stupid thing to do. I only now realise how much I hurt you. Please Kacey."

"I hate you!"

My words were followed by silence. I couldn't help but feel alone. Eventually I'd have to resurface and pretend everything was okay but I wasn't willing to forget.

"Kace?" A familiar voice asked from behind the closed door. It couldn't be. "Kace, it's you favourite person of all time. Open up." I walked with caution towards the door and opened it slightly.

"Sash?" I asked, thinking that my mind was playing tricks on me.

"Yes you fool, now open up and give your best friend a hug will you."

Sasha shimmied through the door, embracing me in the tightest hug. I was grateful because that's exactly what I needed at the moment.

"You don't know how glad I am to see you right now," I started, "life has been so shitty."

"So I heard. Mark filled me in on everything. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Boston is a lot different than Florida huh."

She didn't even know how right that statement was.

"Well if this isn't the famous couple's room? I'm sure you have a lot of stories to share with me don't you." She winked, filing through the contents of the walk in cupboard.

I hummed and then started to tell them the whole story, from the beginning when Rhys kissed me to the very end when Mark told me he loved me.

"Keira seems like a handful," Sasha growled.

"Yea 'cause of her I'm not showing my face there ever again."

"You know what would make you feel better?" Sasha asked, mischief gleaming in her eyes, "a makeover."

I cringed, "I'll pass thanks."

"It'll make you feel better. Plus I think you social dismay has to blame partly with how you keep yourself. Like just look at you."

I frowned, looking down to what I was wearing. To me I didn't find looked bad, wearing ¾ khaki pants and my favourite T-shirt which had splattered paint as the front design.

I sighed, knowing I was going to lose this battle.

"Fine, if you think it'll make me feel better."

I watched from the bathroom mirror as she trimmed my hair,cutting bangs to shape my face and adding a few blonde streaks, contrasting with my brown hair. Sasha did my fingers and toes while giving me hand and feet massages. I told her she should have become a masseuse but she looked at me and glared.

"A little heavy on the makeup there Sash," I joked.

"Confession: we're going out tonight."

"What?"

"Well it's the saturday before your wedding so the whole reason I came here is to celebrate your bachelorette night out," She gauged for my reaction. I couldn't believe it was Saturday already.

"No way," I finished, pushing her hands away from my face, "not happening."

"C'mon Kacey, you have too. All this hard work I did on you can't go to waste. Pleaseee. We'll be home by two I swear it. It'll be fun."

I groaned, not wanting to disappoint my friend but at the same time I was still feeling low.

"If you promise we'll be back home by two fine."

"Yay," she squealed in excitement, clapping her hands together.

"One last thing." Sasha continued as she sped out of the bathroom and came running with an outfit. "Put this on."

I groaned as I looked at what she gave me. It was a short red mini skirt that looked like it was missing the other half and a plunging V-neck halter top that matched. "No way, this is so trashy."

"Yes but it's your last night before freedom. C'mon you have a killer body. You're going to look amazing."

"I'm doing this all for you."

"I know and that's why I love you," Sasha hugged me, making me feel as if it was her bachelorette party we were attending.

After getting dressed, we called a cab and tried as best as we could to creep down the stairs. Hoping no one would notice our escape. I couldn't bare to see any of their faces. Rhys and Kiera that was.

"You look hot, Vanilla," I heard a voice cat call from behind, "where are you two going?"

Rhys was leaning against the kitchen counter in nothing but his boxers. My gaze traveled down for a nano second as I glimpsed at his washboard abdomen and hoped he didn't notice.

"Out," I replied curtly, yanking Sasha behind me.

"Who gave you permission?" He demanded, annoyance seeping through his words. He had no right to be annoyed as to what I was doing with my life.

"Shut up Rhys. You have no right to talk to me."

"Kace, we need to talk. Please" He begged, I saw his eyes soften but I held my ground, completely ignoring his futile attempt at my attention.

"Goodbye Rhys," I replied, slamming the door in his face.