Tempted?

CHAPTER 8

Temptations. 

That was the club Sasha and I were walking towards.

"C'mon Kacey!" Sasha called as she shimmied a few feet in front of me. She couldn't blame me for slowing her down. It was the silly heels' fault, that they placed on my feet that were slowing me down.

"I'm coming!" I shouted as I clucked down the sidewalk. Flashing blue lights lit up the sidewalk. Leading us down a long line of people. This place looked exclusive and I wondered how'd we get in.

"Are you excited?" Sasha squealed, as we waited in line. She handed me a card and looking down my face twisted.

"I can't wait." I grumbled back. The bouncer at the door demanded he'd see our IDs and Sasha slipped in that it was my bachelorette that night. Which gave us some more bonus points. He unlocked the chain, allowing us to go through.

"How'd you manage to get fake IDs?" I questioned, but the surprise wasn't there. Sasha had a lot of links.

"Secret."

Inside the club was massive. Tons of people were gyrating on the dancefloor, their hot, sweaty bodies sticking to one another. My heart was beating twice its speed as the music blared against my eardrums. Social anxiety was the devil.

"This is amazing!" Sasha shouted as we made or way towards the bar, swivelling through the crowd of people.

"This is torture!" I whined.

"Oh silly, try to have fun for me?" Sasha asked and then to the bartender, "Can I have two 'Sex on the Beach' shots?"

The bartender glanced at us suspiciously and Sasha almost snapped, "Yes we're above the age limit."

"What's your name?" The man asked Sasha and she stuttered as she answered. Talk about nervousness.

"Sexxx." He smiled and replied looking at Sasha with lust.

"Excuse? " Sasha asked a look of anger and confusion. The man suddenly jumped to defend himself and spluttered, "No-o it's not what it sounds like....um I didn't mean it like that...I-uh..It's just something that guys say around here. When something sounded good we would um say 'sexxx' to mean 'cool'. I didn't mean to discomfort you. "He grinned and took Sasha's hand and pecked it.

"Oh it's okay...umm sex?" I felt to slap her down at that moment. A hot guy was actually interested in her and she was going to ruin the whole thing but to my utter shock he throatily giggled.

"No not sex...it's sexxx. Hold the x."

"Sexxx?" Sasha asked sounding completely gay. I was surrounded by morons.

"You're cute...but I don't think girls are meant to say it." He stated and Sasha punched him playfully in the arm. You would expect that they' known each other for months now from how they were acting with each other.

"I'm going to go scope out the scene," I told Sasha, who's full attention was on the bartender. She waved her hand as if she'd heard me, handing me a drink and I walked to the middle of the dancefloor.

Screw it, I thought as I drank. I started to sway in the beat of the music, moving my hips from left to right. Feeling like a different Kacey from the one before.

"Want a drink?" I felt someone's hot breath tickle my neck. I turned around to look at him and my first thought was he could have been a model. Shoulder-length sandy hair, with piercing blue eyes and through his tight fitted white shirt I could see some major abdominals going on there.

I mouthed a mute 'yes' feeling slightly confident from the first drink as I followed him back to the bar. I scanned quickly to see if Sasha still had the hots for the bartender but both were gone. 'She must've gone to dance with him,' I assured myself as a tall, slender bartender placed two shots on the counter. The mystery boy clinked his to mine and I gulped mine down quickly, asking for another one as my chest burned. I needed to forget about my three roomates that were waiting back 'home' for me. I wouldn't let them ruin my night when they weren't even there.

"So what's your name?" The boy asked in a husky tone.

"Nice try, I'm not telling you mine until you tell me yours. " I hiccupped and mentally slapped myself for sounding so childish.

"Chris," He laughed, the sound suiting him all too well. His presence had just made me start forgetting all about Rhys, Mark and Keira. It was either that or the shots.

We continued to dance with one another. I was definitely feeling loose and risky from the alcohol. He grabbed my bare waist, moving my hips in the same tempo as him. I felt the music hit my core. It was taking over me. Eventually everything began to blur and I was in euphoria.

"Do you want to go somewhere else? The music is so loud in here."

And without thinking I said 'yes'.

That was probably the worst thing I had agreed to in my life.