Butterflies

CHAPTER 13

Two days before the wedding.

Anxiety consumed me all day and night. I didn't even sleep well the night before.I'd allowed Rhys to finally sleep in his own room, the tension between us finally dissolving. He spent the entire night worrying about me, wondering why I couldn't sleep. It was nice of him, unexpected almost but I figured he was trying to make up for the Keira fiasco. I couldn't bare to tell him that it was because I wasn't going to get married to him. I had told him it was pre wedding jitters.

After thinking about it all night I finally had it all planned out. The day of the wedding wouldn't be the day of my wedding, if you know what I mean. I couldn't let anyone know I was going to do something rash so it was up to me to play the part and so that was my current situation.

"You sure you don't want anything?" Rhys asked from beside me. My eyes trailed down to his bare chest, stopping right at where the sheet covered his lower part.

"No I'm fine." I said distractedly, "Exactly why do you have to sleep shirtless next to me?"

He smirked, leaning back on the pillow with both of his arms crossed beneath, 'I sleep like this every night so I advise you to get accustomed to it."

I rolled my eyes and pulled the sheet off of me. Standing up, I made my way to the bathroom and washed my face.

"So what you have planned for today?" I heard him ask, still on the bed.

"Don't you have school?" I asked, knowing that I should have been going. When I said I wasn't ever going again I meant it.

"Don't you?" He countered, crossing his arms, a smirk plastered on his face.

"Touche," I said defeated and then went to answer his original question, "um, not sure. Nothing this morning but remember we have the dinner with both our families tonight," I reminded him, as I patted dry my chin.

"Right," he continued with a pause longer than necessary, "well I wanted to know if you'd want to go somewhere with me?"

"Where exactly?" I pressed, entering the room once again. It obviously wasn't the response he had expected and he gazed at me with a thoughtful expression.

"Well, I wanted it to be a surprise," he stated exasperatedly, "if you don't mind can we keep it like that? Just know you need to get ready now."

I frowned not wanting to go on a goose chase with Rhys, taking in our past few experiences together into consideration. But as I thought about it he smiled at me, a dimple forming on his left cheek. I sighed feeling bad that I was about to reject him when he was trying to move forward.

"Fine," I said grudgingly, heading back into the bathroom to get ready.

I hoped it was worth it.

WE HEADED OUT an exact hour later. The air was cool but not cold enough that it was unbearable. He had brought me to the pier. The sun was finally starting to show and I realised we were going to spend the day here. The ferris wheel was in full swing, its compartments finally filling up with people.

"You brought me to an amusement park?" I asked in disbelief wondering how he'd think two days before we were getting married that this was the right idea.

"I recall you use to love the one on Eagle Boulevard in Florida when were were younger," he defended, offering me a cheesy smile. We reached the admission stand as Rhys paid the attendant, enabling us our entrance.