chapter 23: Crazy

"Lena I....."

Can't do this. Not when they are hurting you.

"Yulia, I know what you're going to say. Please....Please don't."

Lena begged, looking close to tears and Yulia had to look away to keep herself from caving.

"I'm sorry."

Yulia began but instead of walking away she tightened her grip on Lena's hand.

"I'm sorry I put you through this."

What am I doing? I should just leave her.....Just let her go back and play this out as a hoax.

Yulia thought though she couldn't bare to see Lena cry.

I'm crazy, I'm letting the girl I love get hurt because of me.

Wait, did I say Love? Do I love Lena? Holy shit, does she love me? What if I'm just some experiment? What if she never truly falls in love with me?

Her thoughts where a whirl of accusations and questions.

"Let's go somewhere we can be alone. Get away from all of this mess."

Yulia whispered, pulling Lena toward the doors and away from the school.

For once Yulia thanked God that it was raining, the cold water washing over her battered skin, not only soothing it from the irritation that movement but also hiding the fact that she was close to crying. Pausing by the fenced in area behind the school Yulia turned to Lena, who looked about to crumble.

"Come on, no one comes back here. We'll be safe from everyone there for a while."

She stated, easily climbing the fence, pausing at the top before sighing.

"Come on Lena. I'm not going to let you fall or get hurt."

she assured.

Once they were inside the fence Lena spoke.

"I thought you were going to break up with me or something."

Lena confessed, earning a sigh.

"No, I couldn't hurt you. We just need to figure out a plan....what to do."

Yulia responded, despite having the thought cross her mind a few times that day as that was the only way to keep Lena completely safe.

However before her thoughts could get too complicated Lena kissed her. It was quick, barely even a kiss but it told Yulia all she needed to know.

She really does care about me.