Chapter 51: stronger

Seeing Lena covered in bruises hurt Yulia. She wished she was stronger, she wished that there was something she could do to help the other girl who sat red-faced and sniffling on the bed, a pink cast covering one arm.

"I won't lie. I did feel like I should break up with you. I just hate how helpless I was when she attacked you! I hate how weak I am. What if it was worse? I couldn't be of any help. I don't know what I would have done!"

Yulia confessed nearly bursting into tears as she spoke.

She was surprised when Lena hugged her as tight as she could with her uninjured arm.

"Yulia, It's okay. I love you and that's all I know or care about! Please don't ever make me worry like this again!"

Lena responded, her voice breaking though it's tone was full of seriousness.

"I won't I promise. It hurt me just as much as it did you! Please forgive me."

She responded, burying her face into the crook of her girlfriend's neck, her tears overflowing despite how hard she tried not to.

"Shhhh​. Yulia, it's okay. Please don't cry anymore."

Later that night Yulia lay awake beside Lena, her mind still racing as she glanced over at the photos of Lena and her sisters, she felt nothing but rage as she remembered what had happened earlier that day.

I will get stronger so I can protect her. She is my girl and I won't let anybody hurt her!