chapter 49: Dangerous and moving

It had been two weeks things had been normal and Yulia could have kicked herself for becoming so relaxed. Now she was torn.

Should she go comfort Lena? Should she trace down the one who had hurt her?

She wasn't sure which would be more right.

it hurts me to see Lena hurt....I would much rather be the one hurting.

She thought as she walked toward Lena's room, where the redhead had locked herself in since they had gotten back.

I should stop coming.....

It's the only thing I can do to protect her.

She thought as she knocked on the door, only to hear the sound of crying.

The images of the redhead, her Lena sitting there on the ground, crying and favoring her left wrist.

"Lena? I'm sorry. This is all my fault."

She whispered, feeling powerless to do anything but say what was on her mind.

"Just leave me alone."

Those four words cut deeper than any knife though Yulia understood why they were spoken.

She had just stood there doing nothing, she should have said something, did anything to defend and protect her girlfriend. Yet here she was, standing in a hallway, her hands stuffed in her pockets as she fought tears, speaking to the redhead through the wooden surface of a door.

You're a coward. A fucking coward.

She thought, turning her back to the door.

"I am sorry Lena. I am sorry I didn't do something to help. I just can't keep putting you in danger. Please forgive me, my Lena."

With that the brunette left, tears staining her own face as her heart felt as if it would shatter in a million pieces.