chapter 46: What are we to do?

Watching as Yulia flinched at the lightest of kisses, Lena realized why Yulia had wanted to hide. She knew that it was to save her pain, she wanted to be able to protect the brunette but she also didn't want to hurt the other girl worse than she had already.

Was this what Yulia felt that day she begged me to pretend it was all just a trick?

She thought as she noticed how her girlfriend looked at her.

"Lena? Is something wrong?"

Yulia's voice was so small and frail that Lena felt guilty for just thinking of that.

"I'm just worried about you. You're so small, I'm afraid you'll end up getting hurt."

Lena answered simply, pressing a kiss to the other girl's forehead before adding

"I'm not going to break up with you if that is what you're thinking about. I love you, that's all that matters."

Lena answered, smiling slightly though it did not reach her eyes.

"Lenka, I will be fine. It's just a few bruises. I've had worse. Please don't worry."

Yulia answered, gingerly caressing the redhead's cheek before slowly pressing their lips together, though she winced and quickly pulled back with a giggle.

"Ouch...A bit too soon."

Yulia stated, earning a ghost of a smile from Lena

"How about you go get something cold for that lip before it ends up worse? That must hurt as bad as it looks."

I am not leaving her but I hate seeing her in pain, what am I suppose to do?

"Lena? We're still okay? I mean...You're being weird."

Lena sighed, pausing to pull the smaller built girl closer.

"Yulia, relax. I'm just worried. I mean, my girlfriend came by covered in blood. How would you feel?"