Chalter 16: the truth

Alert... name changes on 2 characters incase I forget to edit some in the story, just comment and I'll fix it. We
Damien's Point of View

"Everyone, sit down, I found the rat." Derek says

"No, it can't be, your source is a lie." Father says as he pound his fist on the desk while mom gasp.
I look at him shock and I try to calm myself before I kill her.

"She has been planing this for a while now with the rivalry gang, she has tabs on the house because someone here been helping her. It's not the family there after, it's mostly Damien, she knows that I don't what to lead and Damien is the next accessor, it's about power and and leading the gang. She needed someone to make Damien has a weakness and if I'm out and Damien is out she's the new leader." Derek explain.

"No, Destiny wouldn't do that, how sure is resource?" Father ask. Still not believe this but it starts to make sense but where does Cali fit in all this.

"My resources is loyal to ours and he owns his life and his families life to us and he knows what would happen if he betrays us. Father do you remember Nick, his still there as a spy for us, his been there for 10yrs and was he even inches wrong on his report. No. I ask him a favor and he risk his life more to get them and the only thing he ask in return is to retire after this mission. They will attack soon and he wants to plan his own death so he can retire peacefully with his family."

He sighed but continues "Cali was never a part in all this, she just got involved because of Jay. She was 13yrs old at a summer camp, her parents with the 1month old Kate picks her up after camp and that's when they got into the accident that killed there parents, Damien, Kate and Cali are sisters." Why, why didn't she just tell me...

"Damien!" I look up at Jen "she need to say it was her baby so they won't get separated, there other relatives wanted to put Kate to foster home but Cali refuse and wanted to take care of her. Jay, her cousin accept them in since he lives alone, in the beginning was great, but at the age of 14 she met Xander, Jays friend and they started going out but he tries to rape her and Jay stop him. When she turn 15 that's when the abuse and beating started, she told me that jay got addicted to drugs and alcohol, she stayed because they had no where else to go and that he save her from Xander, so she believes that maybe one day he will go back to his old self. Then that faithful night when our men shot jay and save her from being rape again. She love you Damien and still does."  She told me she love me but I brokeher. This make me so angry.

I can't process all this, the girl that I fell for loves me and I broke her. Putting my head on my palms
And trying to control my anger. "She does honey, I see how she looks at you and how her heart broke the day you came home to announce your engagement." Mom was saying trying to calm me down.

"As I was saying. She is like a passer by, she isn't involved with the gang, she just got caught in the middle. Xander introduced jay to drugs as a payback. Xander still wants Cali but for her body only, the gang don't want revenge because of jay's death, that was just 1 excuse to fuel the engine. Destiny also made her own investigation on Cali and when she found out she used that to put her plan in action, she convinced Xander to come after us and she will give Cali to Xander. But her plan was sort of got cut when Damien fell for her so Destiny got someone to break up your relationship and that's were Stacey fit in. Stacey loves you and Destiny convince her that she'll have you as his husband."

"Destiny didn't want you to fall for her because once she gave her to Xander, it will make it into a war, she knows that you'll fight for Cali's with your life. She don't want to lose any men through the fight."

I'm going to fucking kill both of them. "Damien calm down. Let Derek finish first before we do anything." My mom tells me.

"Dad, who gave you the report about Cali?." Derek ask. "Destiny, she told me that Jake gave her."
"Jen, can you bring me Jake."

"I already talked to stepahno(Stacey's father), he had no idea there daughter made this arrangement and so when you called him for arranged marriage he was surprise because apparently Stacey have a boyfriend. He wants to discipline her own daughter courtesy of the alliance and friendship. I already told him will send her back as soon as possible after we get the truth out."

Knock knock Jen and Jake walks in.
"Ah Jake, tell me my boy, did you give the report to Destiny about Maddison?" My father ask. "No, sir. I didn't do any report on her, I didn't do any investigation. Destiny told just ask me to keep an eye on her and report back to her sir."

"Ok and Jake, don't mention any of this to Destiny, just report to her the the normal things she does, got it my boy." My father tells him and he nodded and walks out.

"They will attack at Damien's engagement party but we don't know how, nick has been keeping an eye and updating me. The best is that we prepare and wait, we have to act normal like we don't know what's going to happen. Damien you have to pretend to be engaged until that day. I'll try to make sure no kids will be at that party. Jen I need you to convince Cali to let Kate stay with Lisa out of the premise, you and Lisa and some bodyguard go a hotel that day and don't comeback until we say so."

"Mom, dad I know it's hard to believe that Destiny would do this but she's working with them and if it goes down I'll try to keep her alive and will keep her prison here but I'm not making any promises that she will make it out alive." I looks at Derek angrily "I'll kill her myself" he stops me."we need her alive now and will wait what happens." He says.

After the revelation its past 4am and everyone left for bed but I made a detour to go see Cali.
She looks so sad, tear stain on her face and belt mark on her back that can be seen thru her soft layer night gown. "I'm sorry my love." I softly whisper before leaving her room.