Snow Magic

Sofia woke to the feeling of fingers gently, repetitively stroking the contours of her face.

'I missed the ending again, didn't I,' she sighed, realizing her head was lying on Prince's lap. 'When did I lie down?'

'Right after he jumped off the bridge. Do you remember necking with me during the honeymoon scene?'

Sofia blushed. 'Yes. That's what did it, I guess. You're so good at satisfying me, even when we leave our clothes on.'

'Just let me know when you're ready for more, Sugar.' The stroking of her face stopped, and she leaned her cheek into his hand. 'I know it seems soon, but I need to tell you something,' Giving her a peck on the nose, he helped her sit up, keeping one arm around her.

'I wonder if it stopped snowing? Can we go downstairs and look?' It was as if Sofia hadn't heard the last thing he said. So that's how you gonna be... Sighing inwardly, he went with the change of subject.

'We don't have to go downstairs, Sugar, come with me.'

Taking her by the hand, Prince led her to a door she'd never seen before, as far as she remembered.

'I didn't realize you had outside access on this floor! I wasn't up here much. We spent our free time at the house.'

Opening the door, Prince said, 'Not sure you'll make it to work on Monday at this rate.' Snow was still falling heavily, and it was already piled halfway up their shins.

'Wait! Don't close the door yet. I didn't know there were any outside curved walls?'

'This is a really private area. I almost never use it myself. Any guesses as to the shape it is based on?'

'The top of a grand piano?'

'Got it right the first try!' Prince closed the door, turned, and took Sofia in his arms. 'Here's your reward for getting it right.' The kiss that followed started slowly, but grew in intensity so quickly it shattered the last of Sofia's defenses. She melted into his arms with a moan that went straight through Prince. He moaned in response, letting his hands finally travel far enough south to grasp the curves of Sofia's hips, pulling them against his immediate arousal, desperate for her.

Breaking off the kiss, he murmured intimately, 'Open your eyes, Sugar.' When Sofia opened her eyes, the half-lidded sexy gaze Prince saw reflected his own, he knew.

'Tell me what you want,' he whispered, placing tiny pecks of kisses in a trail from her mouth to her ear.

'I-I don't know,' she whispered in reply. Leaning back slightly, so she could see his eyes again, she continued. 'I want us, but I don't want the us we used to be. Tell me what you want.'

'I want you. It's all I've ever wanted.' Hands running up and down her back, creating trails of goosebumps and electricity. 'Your body, your heart, your love. Mine. Only mine.'

'Oh, Prince.' the longing in Sofia's voice thrilled Prince's heart. We're on the same page, she just doesn't know it yet.

'What is the thing with snow?' Prince decided he could change the subject, keep her off balance, as well.

'Huh?' Sofia wasn't expecting such an abrupt change of subject.

'Do I really need to repeat myself?' Prince said lovingly, as he stepped back a little without letting go of Sofia.

Regrouping quickly, Sofia said, 'The thing with snow. Okay, here goes. I believe snow is magical. I love to watch it fall. Of course, by the end of March I'm as tired of it lying around as everyone else, but when it falls, it's magic. I take a day off every year on the first big snowfall, open the curtains, and watch magic happen. It lifts my heart.'