Where are we going?

They finished breakfast, and Prince remarked, 'Go get comfortable, I'm cleaning up this time.'

'Could I get on a computer? I'd like to see if the district has made a decision about school tomorrow. It's so cold, in addition to the snow.'

'Sure, Babe,' he responded. 'Go in my office. There isn't a password on the computer, just open a browser. Would you check the status of the airport, please?'

'Okay?' she responded, totally confused. Wonder where he needs to go? Oh, no, is he going to move out of my life as quickly as he moved in? Heading out the door, the kitten scampered after, having finished another scrambled egg for breakfast. Picking her up, Sofia said, 'We're going to have to get out of here in order to get you some real cat food, if nothing else.' The kitten bumped her head against Sofia's chin. Sofia melted a little on the inside at the show of affection.

Checking in with the kare11 website, the information she saw shocked her. 36 inches in 24 hours? Wow. The website also stated schools would be closed on Monday and Tuesday due to extreme cold. When was the last time I had an unplanned 5 day break? Ummm, never.

Remembering Prince's request, she checked the airport status. Remarkably, the airport was open. Sure, but he can't get there...oh well, I'll tell him.

Heading back downstairs, she went in the kitchen to find it clean and empty. Huh, he works fast. Making a second cup of coffee, finding sugar and half and half, she headed to the studio. Thank goodness he isn't vegan. I can't live without half and half.

Sure enough, he was seated at the console, headphones on, manipulating sliders. When the door opened, he snatched off his headphones and rushed to her side. 'All better?' he asked, stepping back, spreading her arms wide.

'Yes, I feel almost like myself again.'

'So, what's the news?' He continued, leading her to the studio chair and pulling her into his lap.

'36 inches of snow, major wind chills coming, and no school Monday or Tuesday.'

'Ooh, we've gotta get outta here!' Prince said, spinning the chair around in a circle. Sofia was fascinated by the movement of his hoop earring. 'Is the airport open?'

'Wait, did you say we?'

'Of course. Why would I leave without you? Is that what you thought?'

'Well, you do have a busy life, like, everywhere, I just thought...'

'Next time don't just think, ask.' He pulled her a little closer and gave her a quick peck of a kiss. 'Back to my question. Is the airport open?'

'Yeah, but how are we gonna get there? The snow is really piled up out there.'

'Let me make a couple of calls. Where do you want to go?'

'Somewhere warm-wait, what about this little girl?' she was suddenly very concerned.

'I have a plan for her, too. Don't worry,' he continued, looking at her worried face. 'She'll still be yours when we get back if you want her.'

'I want her. She has stolen my heart.'

'I know exactly what that feels like,' he whispered, pulling her shirt collar aside so he could nibble on her collarbone. Looking up at her in a disapproving way, he remarked, 'You are so covered up today!'

'I was still hurting when I got dressed. I wanted to put as much fabric between us as possible.'

'As if that's going to stop me,' he responded, unbuttoning her blouse slowly, dragging his finger along the skin that was exposed.