Captain Crunch

Sofia woke slowly, stretching languorously against the cotton sheets. Reaching out, she realized the other side of the bed was cold. I guess I'd have to get used to that, he'll never sleep as much as I do. Awww! He left a note. How sweet.

In the studio-come find me after you have breakfast. P

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to figure out how to let him know I'll enjoy meals more if I can talk to him while I eat.

Walking to the bathroom, she marveled again that all the toiletries she'd ever need were in place, ready to use. Looking in the mirror gave her pause. Wow, my hair loves this beachy humidity! Instead of the loose waves she tried to keep as a hairstyle, her hair had grown. Sighing, she jumped in the shower, got clean with some delicious floral scented shower gel, then grabbed a can of mousse and went to work on her wet hair. She ended up with a braid that circled half her head, and swooped down her right shoulder. That should help with containment, she thought.

Deciding against a bra, she pulled on lacy panties and strolled to the closet. I'm not working; it's time to resurrect the free spirit I used to be. An array of breezy sundresses hung there, all in colors that flattered her. She chose one that pulled over her head, and stepped back to admire it in the three way mirror installed in the closet that was as big as her bedroom back home. The dress makes me look good; he has a great eye, she thought, then smirked. Well, duh, you've been admiring his style for years. She shook her head, deciding it was time for coffee.

Heading downstairs barefoot, she suddenly smelled the most heavenly coffee aroma she had ever experienced. She followed her nose into the dining room, where she saw a carafe and large coffee mugs. A matching sugar and creamer, and a standing container of spoons created the perfect casual coffee bar.

She poured a cup, added sugar and cream, and took a sip. A sigh that turned into a moan left her as she savored the amazingly smooth, delicious brew.

'Have you had Kona coffee before? It's pretty great, though I'm more about tea, myself.' Prince came striding into the dining room, put Sofia's coffee mug on the credenza, and pulled her in for a long, sweet kiss.

'It's amazingly smooth, but not as smooth as you...' Sofia responded, walking her fingers down the half-opened tunic he was wearing. He pulled her fingers to his lips, kissing each one. 'Did you hear me come downstairs?' she asked, pulling her hand away and picking the coffee mug up for another sip. Heavenly coffee, heavenly man.

'No, I think I sensed it,' he responded, taking the mug from her for a sip. 'Mmm, the way you dress up coffee is delicious.'

Despite his comments, he immediately made himself a cup of tea, pouring in lots of honey. 'Coffee is good, but tea is better,' he smirked, taking a long drink, then sighing in pleasure as the honey sugar hit his bloodstream. 'Yeah, that's it.'

Sofia chuckled. 'We're pretty pitiful, moaning and sighing over a morning mug of caffeine.'

'Speak for yourself, woman! I'm serious about my tea.' Prince took another sip, and threw his head back while clutching his chest in mock ecstasy, making Sofia laugh harder.

As she was laughing, he snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her in for a long, hungry kiss. 'I'm more serious about you.' He punctuated his statement with a quick kiss on the tip of her nose. 'I'm really diggin' this studio, Babe. It's Old Skool; runs tape, none of that Pro Tools stuff. Are you cool hangin' here today? I've started a couple of things I'd like to finish.'

'Sure, hon.' You knew this was his life, even on vacation. 'I'll be fine. I can read and sunbathe. There's everything I need right here.' She pulled him a little closer. 'I'm glad we had last night. I"m not sure we could top that on a repeat.'